SkyscraperCity banner

Worst performance of the day? 12/7/2009

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Maglev Believer
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who was the most disappointing performance of the night?

Contender number 1: Fremantle Dockers v Adelaide Crows
Nominated for scoring only 1 goal in a whole game of Australian Rules Football, that's around 120 minutes of play. Some records included Freo's lowest ever score and equal biggest lose. But was it to be expected? They are a team that is "rebuilding" and without they only two players in the team you would call elite players of the competition. And they played a team in great form who are hard to beat for anybody.

Contender number 2: Canberra Raiders v Newcastle Knights
The only NRL game of the night and it was Canberra sent packing as they threw away a good chance against the knights. Down Origin players the Knights were without one of their chief play makers in Gidley and then the other main play maker, Mullen, goes down within the first couple of minutes. Canberra's response was to play poorly, making dumb mistakes and giving up possession for easy tries.

Contender number 3: Melbourne Victory v Fulham FC
3-0. That's the start of the worrying numbers to be defeated by. Not much for me to talk about with regards to the match thanks to a lack of TV coverage. However it shows some weaknesses for the Victory defence for the upcoming season, and if the forward line doesn't fire, then it may not be a glorious a season as the season gone for the Victory. Fulham you could claim had a point to prove after a going down to 2-1 to Gold Coast United, importantly for them Schwartzer stayed on until about the 65th minute instead of being subbed off at half time. He is their team.

Contender number 4: England Cricket Team v Australian Cricket Team (Particularly the bowlers)
Do I need to say anything? 6/674 Declared. Centuries to Ponting, Katich, North and Haddin. Two double century partnerships. Playing two spinners who appear to be spinning it about as much as Nathan Hauritz, may I remind you that less then 12 months ago this guy was getting around in NSW's Seconds after leaving Queensland (Judas) to make a mark. He doesn't turn the ball, never has and never will. England's much vaunted 2005 swinging of the ball appears to have gone and Freddy is fat.

Honourable mention: Geelong Cats v Brisbane Lions
While missing a whole host of first team players, it was a chance for the second tier players to step up and show why they should be included in a team that should be their at the pointy end of September. Instead Mark Thompson will be asking for the club to put on more Physios to ensure that as many players as possible are available for every match.

So who has performed the worst? In a day were some teams were found to be very much wanting, which performance struck you as the most insipid?

If you have anyone else, please feel free to mention them for inclusion. Maybe your sons under 8's team just wasn't up to scratch today, your significant other's mixed netball team just showed no heart out on the court or indeed any other performance.

·
QUEENSLANDER!!!
2,560 Posts
i wouldnt have a clue. dont have foxtel, dont watch AFL and cricket on a saturday night doesnt float my boat. the only reason im on here is because im now pissed and the caffeine of my bourbos is keeping me up.

ok, england. they just suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
okay then
6,414 Posts
Contender number 1: Fremantle Dockers v Adelaide Crows
Nominated for scoring only 1 goal in a whole game of Australian Rules Football, that's around 120 minutes of play. Some records included Freo's lowest ever score and equal biggest lose. But was it to be expected? They are a team that is "rebuilding" and without they only two players in the team you would call elite players of the competition. And they played a team in great form who are hard to beat for anybody.
Lowest score since 1961.

Equal fourth-lowest halftime score in the last 100 years.

This was the worst by a country mile imo - the rest were not out of the ordinary.
Adelaide were tipped to win comfortably, but Freo were more awful than anyone could have predicted.
Losing by 20 goals is bad enough, but to score just one goal... :eek:hno:

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Gold Coast was lucky they got to play aginst a complaicent Fulham, thats why I reckon the A-League was put back into reality with Melbourne getting their asses smashed. For me definately the Raiders. They suck so god damn much, no wonder no one here likes them.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
For me definately the Raiders. They suck so god damn much, no wonder no one here likes them.
I was disappointed in the Raiders as well as I had money on them for the win as I thought they had a good chance of winning but jeez which way is the wind blowing next week. One week you're on them, next week you're off them, I'm glad all Raiders supporter aren't as fickle as you.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
I was disappointed in the Raiders as well as I had money on them for the win as I thought they had a good chance of winning but jeez which way is the wind blowing next week. One week you're on them, next week you're off them, I'm glad all Raiders supporter aren't as fickle as you.
Lol, I'm not a true supporter though. I only follow them at times because they are my home team. If the Brumbies were as crap as the Raiders I'd stick by them.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts