SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Birmingham Selfridges and soon The Cube! both in Birmingham, also the Gherkin.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
SwissRE & Selfridges are the obvious choices, CJC is a good shout it may not look it at the moment but when it's finished that should be something to crow about. Spinakker Tower isn't for me but the Cube should be fantastic as should the Shard.

·
Second Citizen
16,937 Posts
What does "futuristic" mean? Jazzy funky external appearance or eco-friendly, sustainable and desirable?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
looks nice inside but horrible outside! ...only during the night it looks nice outside. SwissRe is still better inside & outside!

·
Disco and drugs trade
15,947 Posts
Sell fridges?

Personal taste and all that, but it looks increadable, when you walk around it at ground level all the disks seem to move in a weird optical illusion sort of thing. It certianlly more Jazzy funky external appearance than the Rounded Rounda dawn sarf!

Possibly. As I've not seen it in the flesh, so I've really no idea!

Anyway The going to be built Cube!

At the view from the top bit:

Not too sure about this one, but I'm glad it's being build, and it was def. the best of the 5 or so designes for the site.

·
Disco and drugs trade
15,947 Posts
Possible, well probable design for the replacement of Birmingham's Digbeth National Express Coach station

The present coach station is 'orrible.

·
Bermondsey Boro
2,340 Posts
Leeds No.1 said:

Kite Tower, Leeds. Currently site-less (originally to be on the site of Leeds International Pool)
A kite without a site :(

Anyways, can't believe no-ones mentioned Lloyds, it's 20+ years old but still seems like it's from another planet especially lit up blue after dark.

I overlook it from my desk, but even seeing it every day doesn't diminish the wow factor.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts