SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would you consider the most run down city in america? show some pictures if possible.
i started a thread on the most run down city in canada on the canadian forum and i had lots of input, chech it out if you have time

·
Registered
211 Posts
I dunno, Akron OH?

·
A B C
1,669 Posts
Buffalo is run down? Buffalo is starting to grow. I really don't believe Buffalo should be consider as run down.

·
Registered
403 Posts
DarkFenX said:
Buffalo is run down? Buffalo is starting to grow. I really don't believe Buffalo should be consider as run down.
Buffalo has some run-down areas but it definitely should not be mentioned anywhere in a thread that asks for the most run-down city in the US.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
does anybody have pics of gary indiana?

·
Registered
352 Posts
There are plenty in the midwest that I can think of, but none of them are large cities. Smaller cities and towns tend to fall harder than larger ones.

Superior, Wisconsin comes to mind. But I'm sure there are plenty more that are just as bad and probably worse.

·
1,652 Posts
Well if you say one city someone will get offended and say your wrong...but Im going to say Detroit cause compared to its hay-days its a place that needs love.

·
Banned
9,194 Posts
if 2000 people responded to this thread, it would be doubtful even one of them have been to most US cities or have a sense of what most are like.

That's not usually a problem in most threads. It is here.

The only thing that can come of a thread like this is that cities that don't deserve it are being pointed out in a way that would make the resident of any given one of them cringe.

Sometimes, our threads can, by nature, be just plain nasty (which does not mean the posters themselves are). IMHO, this one is.

·
Banned
662 Posts
personally, the worst neighborhood I've ever seen is probably east garfield park in Chicago, right around and under the el. Scary. Small neighborhoods like these could probably top cities listed above by themselves, but those cities above as a whole are shitty altogether, thus the rankings.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
edsg25 said:
if 2000 people responded to this thread, it would be doubtful even one of them have been to most US cities or have a sense of what most are like.

That's not usually a problem in most threads. It is here.

The only thing that can come of a thread like this is that cities that don't deserve it are being pointed out in a way that would make the resident of any given one of them cringe.

Sometimes, our threads can, by nature, be just plain nasty (which does not mean the posters themselves are). IMHO, this one is.
im sorry if i cause any problems with people arguing about their towns, i dont live in the usa and i was just curious about some of these places so i guess all that i can say is be nice, dont be saying mean thing about places you havent been to. if this thread gets out of hand would a mod lock it or delete it.

·
Registered
834 Posts
SDfan said:
Well if you say one city someone will get offended and say your wrong...but Im going to say Detroit cause compared to its hay-days its a place that needs love.
This is true, but Detroit is hardly the most run down.

In Michigan, we might say the city that has the largest percentage of itself rundown is Benton Harbor.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts