SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is not the battle of the city but to show that which city has something in common

·
Banned
19 Posts
1. Jakarta and Manila
2. Singapore and Kuala Lumpur

·
Banned
19 Posts
Singapore and KL are in different league in terms of transportation and traffic in SEA compared to the rest in SEA..

·
i'm a hanoian
10,140 Posts
hey what do you guys think about Hanoi in term of culture, lifestyle and cityscape?

:)

·
Mi I.Ali - Loca Stoopa
1,568 Posts
All SEA Cities except Singapore have one similarity : bad traffic :cheers:
As opposed to myth, Singapore does have bad traffic ;) Try travelling on CTE, PIE, and SLE during rush hour :nuts: You get the same bumper-to-bumper crawls...

·
Banned
309 Posts
hey what do you guys think about Hanoi in term of culture, lifestyle and cityscape?

:)

can't really think of any large SEA city that is similar to Hanoi...the city itself is very unique, nice cityscape, nicely blended with Western and Asian architecture.....beautiful indeed...

i think there's somehow a kind of similarities with Chiangmai city...i dun knoe...it's big with lots of ppl but still very calm and charming:)

·
i'm a hanoian
10,140 Posts
can't really think of any large SEA city that is similar to Hanoi...the city itself is very unique, nice cityscape, nicely blended with Western and Asian architecture.....beautiful indeed...

i think there's somehow a kind of similarities with Chiangmai city...i dun knoe...it's big with lots of ppl but still very calm and charming:)
Chiang Mai? I never have been to that place, but I heard its very beautiful. Something like the rose of Thailand. I think Vientiane has something of Hanoi too or vice versa.

I don't remeber anymore, but there was a small Malaysian (European-looking) town where I thought that it could be a corner of Hanoi.

·
Valid User
1,856 Posts
KL's traffic is better than Manila, BKK and Jakarta. We should not lump KL's traffic alongside with other SEA cities. :)
I've Been atop the KL Tower before and saw a bird's eye view of the traffic entering out of/into the KLCC area. But You're right it has less traffic(due to a better mass transit and not as much as people (~ 2 mil compared to the 8 million jungles of JKT, BKK and Manila)

·
Banned
19 Posts
In terms of cleanliness, only Singapore and Kuala Lumpur I think are clean whereas the rest especially Manila and Jakarta and Bangkok are so so dirty..

·
Banned
309 Posts
how come we compare only sea city .

O! yeaa....good point..why??

Hanoi and Malacca!! anything in common..???

SG and Hongkong?? perhaps...not to mention about the skyline or anything (huge differences) but mostly they flow in much the same pattern (city scape and ppl lofestyle i guess...)

·
Registered
717 Posts
O! yeaa....good point..why??

Hanoi and Malacca!! anything in common..???

SG and Hongkong?? perhaps...not to mention about the skyline or anything (huge differences) but mostly they flow in much the same pattern (city scape and ppl lofestyle i guess...)
I agree on Singapore and Hong Kong because they are port cities with similar lifestyle.

But, Hanoi is not really similar to Malacca at least for me. Malacca in Malaysia is more similar to Macao in term of architecture from colinial period and they are both world heritage sites.

For me I think
Manila and Jarkata
Singapore and KL
Singapore and Hong Kong
Malacca and Macoa

However, SEA cities are very unique

·
Mi I.Ali - Loca Stoopa
1,568 Posts
^^ I agree with all the comparison pairs in your list ;)

Another to add on would be Kaohsiung vs. Penang?

1 - 20 of 287 Posts