Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
25,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post infos, photos, anything on Your country's least needed developments. If You think a project is overpriced, and not maches its purpose at all, post it. The government or a private individual suffers from serious megalomania and invests huge funds in projects never cleared its cost? Post the projects!

IMO My first Hungarian nominee:

The M7 Viaduct of Köröshegy:

88 m high
1850 m long
cost: 42 billion HUF: 168 m EUR

·
coffee fascist
1,303 Posts
AND THE WINNER IS...

Im sorry Hungarians and Czechs, but we are the winners this time. A wide gauge railway would go through southern Slovakia and end in Bratislava. The price of the project would be 100 billion crowns, so around 3 billion euros. :rofl:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I'm not sure if we qualify, but I'm sure we beat all of you in this category. The phrase "big unnecessary project" was first used here, and we must be the world record holders of BUPs/km². For those who know French, Russian or (fat chance) Dutch, see Wikipedia (or the relevant RU or NL page, if you'd prefer that). :cheers:

·
coffee fascist
1,303 Posts
I'm not sure if we qualify, but I'm sure we beat all of you in this category. The phrase "big unnecessary project" was first used here, and we must be the world record holders of BUPs/km². For those who know French, Russian or (fat chance) Dutch, see Wikipedia (or the relevant RU or NL page, if you'd prefer that). :cheers:
You definately dont qualify as central europem)) but i have to admit i like the money wasting over there, especially the metro of Charleroi:hahaha:

·
PortalIQue
423 Posts
Alors, nous avons aussi quelques kilomètres de ligne de prémétro inutilisées à Bratislava, c'est pourqoui je suis plus que sûr que la Slovaquie est aussie un bon candidat pour les grands travaux inutiles célèbres.

Vergeve, mijn Nederlands is niet zo goed.

·
Banned
2,980 Posts
Well, 100% of Czech state orders are overpriced in the end but I don't want to cry here and bore you. You all know we are one of the most corrupted countries in EU...

Suprisingly, the Austrian nuclear power Zwentendorf crossed my mind at first. Sure, it was unnecessary project, but for me it's symbol of Austrian forwardness in democracy and honouring of public opinion even if it's the most expensive solution.

·
PortalIQue
423 Posts
Well, 100% of Czech state orders are overpriced in the end but I don't want to cry here and bore you. You all know we are one of the most corrupted countries in EU...

Suprisingly, the Austrian nuclear power Zwentendorf crossed my mind at first. Sure, it was unnecessary project, but for me it's symbol of Austrian forwardness in democracy and honouring of public opinion even if it's the most expensive solution.
Well, my physics teacher has always told us: Zwentendorf is the most expensive 1:1 model of a nuclear power plan in the world! :D:D

·
25,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, my physics teacher has always told us: Zwentendorf is the most expensive 1:1 model of a nuclear power plan in the world! :D:D

I'm a bit confused, badly need to sleep...: Zwentendorf is the only nuclear powerplant of Austria, which was built but never used?

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Well, we *are* the centre of Europe, so why wouldn't we be in Central Europe? :angel:
Maybe in fantasy world you were in the center of Europe :)

·
PortalIQue
423 Posts
I'm a bit confused, badly need to sleep...: Zwentendorf is the only nuclear powerplant of Austria, which was built but never used?
Exactly, in fact it is the only nuclear powerplant in Austria, and peope voted against using it in a public poll right after it was built.

So from that time on, Austria has become "green" and people here are proud of it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I especially agree with the quotation marks around "green", because building a several hundred million euro project (in today's money) and never switching the damn thing on is hardly green (think of all the construction trucks etc.), just as replacing a single nuclear power plant (which is, unfortunately, the cleanest energy available to mankind) with destroying the landscape by populating it with hundreds of wind power plants (that need backup power from the Czech nuclear power plant Temelin anyway). "Green" indeed :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts