Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
25,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post infos, photos, anything on Your country's least needed developments. If You think a project is overpriced, and not maches its purpose at all, post it. The government or a private individual suffers from serious megalomania and invests huge funds in projects never cleared its cost? Post the projects! This thread is running in the CE forum too, but there are lot more countries and forumers here, this is the reason I posted it twice.

IMO My first Hungarian nominee:

The M7 Viaduct of Köröshegy:

88 m high
1850 m long
cost: 42 billion HUF: 168 m EUR

·
Basarabia e Romania
18,442 Posts
Romania - House of the People. Costed 6 billion $ (if I am not mistaken)

Ceausescu demolished an immense area of historic architecture in the old city, including 26 churches. The parliament building was designed to be the largest building in the world. It is now known as the Palace of Parliament, second in size to the Pentagon

·
25,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Romania - House of the People. Costed 6 billion $ (if I am not mistaken)

Ceausescu demolished an immense area of historic architecture in the old city, including 26 churches. The parliament building was designed to be the largest building in the world. It is now known as the Palace of Parliament, second in size to the Pentagon
:eek:mg::eek2: :wtf: 6 billion USD?!?!?!?!? That's the price of two subway lines with 10-12 stations each!!!!

·
off
5,316 Posts
:eek:mg::eek2: :wtf: 6 billion USD?!?!?!?!? That's the price of two subway lines with 10-12 stations each!!!!
And the Romanian Orthodox Church always said that want to put another 1bln $ !!! for a very big cathedral (I think that they exaggerate a little bit !). They still have a problem with the location. We had a lot of public debates on this topic, but they really want to build a very big cathedral ! If it is another monster :eek:hno: . If it is decent I could accept in order to have s symbol but please stop building chirches everywhere in every park of romanian cities ! Who cares about churches in our days or in the future ? (that`s my opinion !) I think that it is sufficient to be carefull and preserve what we actually have and stop to build churches everywhere !!!:eek:hno:

·
Some user
613 Posts
I think that it is sufficient to be carefull and preserve what we actually have and stop to build churches everywhere !!!:eek:hno:
As long as it isn't state funded and they look good, I do not see any problems in building churches, even if they will become "useless" after awhile.

-Ataman

·
off
5,316 Posts
As long as it isn't state funded and they look good, I do not see any problems in building churches, even if they will become "useless" after awhile.

-Ataman
IMO they will be useless after awhile !

The problem is that the Church is too much agressive. In Constanta they distroyed many places & parks building churches everywhere. And in some cases it is ridiculous. We have few churches in a very very small area (neighbour)! The Church has too much power in Romania and a lot of black money as everywhere ! I don`t like this thing !

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
People s house in Bucharest it s unuseless, as it is still unfinished. and of cource those dickheads inside of it. maybe is useless for tourism, by sharing tourists the notion of ugliness:eek:hno: :lol:

·
25,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why is the People's house in Bucharest unfinished? What is the percentage of its complition? What needs to be built? Why does it cost a total of 6 bill USD??!?!?!

·
Basarabia e Romania
18,442 Posts
It measures 270 m by 240 m, 86 m high, and 92 m under ground. It has 1,100 rooms and is 12 stories tall, with four additional underground levels currently available and in use, with another four in different stages of completion. Estimates of the materials used include one million cubic meters of marble from Transylvania, most from Ruşchiţa; 3,500 metric tonnes of crystal - 480 chandeliers, 1,409 ceiling lights and mirrors were manufactured; 700,000 tonnes of steel and bronze for monumental doors and windows, chandeliers and capitals; 900,000 cubic meters of wood (over 95% domestic) for parquet and wainscotting, including walnut, oak, sweet cherry, elm, sycamore maple; 200,000 square meters of woolen carpets of various dimensions (machines had to be moved inside the building to weave some of the larger carpets); velvet and brocade curtains adorned with embroideries and passementeries in silver and gold.[2]

It is the second largest administrative building in the world by surface area of its floors (with a floor area of 350,000 m²), just behind the Pentagon in Washington, D.C.[3][4] It is 10% larger by volume than the Great Pyramid of Giza.[5]

The building is constructed entirely of materials of Romanian origin; it is reported that during the latter years of construction, this building and Centrul Civic created such a massive demand for Romanian marble that tombstones throughout the country had to be made from other materials. Effectively, the building, due to its immense size, cuts the city into two—an urban planner's nightmare. Constructing the Palace and Centrul Civic required demolishing about one-fifth of the historic districts of Bucharest. The two neighborhoods with 19 Orthodox Christian churches, 6 synagogues and Jewish temples and 3 Protestant churches (plus eight relocated churches) were razed to make way for the behemoth are remembered to this day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palace_of_the_Parliament

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Why is the People's house in Bucharest unfinished? What is the percentage of its complition? What needs to be built? Why does it cost a total of 6 bill USD??!?!?!
it s unfinished because of the Revolution, in 1989. the percentage of the unfinished parts is around 15%, as they are in the west part of the building, some in the east, at the third level and below of it.
3 years ago it was made a Contemporary Art Museum into the House of People as a modern gesture for what communist times meant.

here is a pic with it

·
25,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
92 m underground??!?!?!?!? Whats down there? A nuclear bunker?

BTW: Thank You for the quick info Guys!

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
this is the monthly cost for the building:

electrical-12 milion kwh
thermical-21.000 gigacalor
water-189.ooo mc
so................................that means..................
2.800.000 euro

about the basement, the one for car parking it measures 47.000 sqm, and it was build on the old Republicii Stadium. another part of the basement is occupied by a electrical ventilation central, a pool, and of cource , what u said, nuclear bunker that is connected with some other important buildings of Bucharest.
and also some other 'small' size technical rooms and for personell.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.