1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Please, who can find an analogue of this bridge.
That it was comparable in length (or more) and that it was a jointed bridge (ie road and rail).
I found only an analogue - the Öresund Moes (across the Straits of Öresund), which connects Copenhagen and Malmö. This is an automobile / railway bridge, but it is twice shorter and has one row of supports (in fact the Crimean bridge, these are two bridges with two rows of supports ... ie 19 km. + 19 km.).
I saw Chinese bridges, but they are either road or rail and mostly Viaducts, which mostly pass over land).

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Puente nuevo de Cádiz or puente de la Pepa or puente de la Constitución de 1812, the longest in Spain, has 3 different kinds of span: prestressed concrete between piles (several spans like that), one span is cable-stayed and the last one is the one that made it special (second in the photograph starting wit the right, I'll explain.

Meanwhile all the prestressed spans were built - as expected - using voussoirs, the longest span without cables was built as seen in this video

The height of the cable-stayed span is "only" 52 meters, so if any taller ship want to reach the city of Cádiz (maybe it happens, but not usually), this special span can be disassemble from the rest of the bridge, so that any future highest bridge can pass... by cutting the road over the bridge for few hours.

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
I saw Chinese bridges, but they are either road or rail and mostly Viaducts, which mostly pass over land).
[/IMG]
Excuse me, I am sorry for your total ignorance. Crimean Bridge is just put a rail bridge and road bridge side-by-side, nothing special, nothing challenging. The only shipping channel there is a twin arch bridge with 227 meters span and 35 meters height clearance. 20 years ago, China may build bridges like that, but now it is a totally new level.

In China, there are many rail road dual-use double deck bridges. They are much wide, much longer and higher spans, and much more difficult to built. Just to give you several examples:

1) Pingtan cross-strait highway-railway bridge. It is a double-deck rail/road bridge. The upper deck is for 6-lane expressway. Crimean Bridge is just 4-lane. The lower deck is double track HSR for trains speed up to 200km/h. There are 3 shipping channels in total. Yuanhong Shipping Channel's main span is 532 meters and 54 meters in height clearance. Other 2 channels are 364 meters and 336 meters. They are all cable-stayed bridges. Remember it is double deck and much much more difficult to built. The road bridge is 15.674 km long and railroad bridge 16.322 km. The double deck part is 14.4km. It will be built in 2019.

2) Hutong Yangtze River highway-railway bridge is another double-deck rail/road bridge. The upper deck is for 6-lane expressway, and lower deck is for 4-track railroad with speed up to 160km/h. There are 2 major shipping channels. The south one is world longest cable-stayed bridge for double-deck rail/road bridge. Its main span is 1,092 meters and side spans are 462 meters. Two pylons are 325 meters high. The north shipping channel is steel arch bridge with span of 336 meters, also longer and larger than Crimean bridge. The bridge total length is 11km.

3) Wufengshan Yangtze River highway-railway bridge. The upper deck is for 8-lane expressway, and lower deck is for 4-track HSR with speed up to 250km/h. The bridge is a giant suspension bridge crossing mighty Yangtze River. Its main span is 1,092 meters. The shipping clearance is 50 meters. The total length of bridge is 6.4km.

4) Yijishan Yangtze River highway-railway bridge. The upper deck is for 8-lane road, and lower deck is for 2-track HSR and 2-track for city metro line. The main bridge is cable-stayed bridge with span of 588 meters. The height clearance is 32 meters. The total length is 4.8 km.

5) Tongling Yangtze River highway-railway bridge. The bridge built in 2015. The upper deck is for 6-lane expressway for speed up to 100km/h, and lower deck is for 4-track HSR with speed up to 250km/h and 200km/h. The main bridge is cable-stayed bridge with span of 630 meters. The height clearance is 32 meters. The total length is 16.7km.

6) Huanggang Yangtze River highway-railway bridge. The bridge built in 2014. The upper deck is for 4-lane expressway, and lower deck is for 2-track HSR with speed up to 200km/h. The main bridge is cable-stayed bridge with span of 567 meters. The bridge's total length is 4km.

7) Wuhan Tianxingzhou Yangtze River highway-railway bridge. The bridge built in 2009, 10 years ago. The upper deck is for 6-lane expressway for speed up to 80km/h, and lower deck is for 4-track for HSR and freight rail with speed up to 250km/h and 200km/h. The main bridge is cable-stayed bridge with span of 504 meters. The total length is 4.7km.

8) Jingzhou Yangtze River Road and Rail Bridge is double deck cable-stayed bridge being built currently. The upper deck is expressway. The lower deck is for Menghua heavy haul railway. The bridge is 6,318 meters in total. The longest span is 518 meters. The tower is 182.5 meters and bridge road is 24.5 meters wide. The bridge started construction in Dec 2012, and set to open in 2018.

9) Guojiatuo Yangtze River Bridge is a new double deck suspension bridge starting building in Dec 2017, and plan to finish in 2021. The bridge is 1,304 meters long with main span of 720 meters. The top deck is 41 meters wide 8-lane road and bottom deck is for Chongqing metro line 8.

10) The Chaotianmen Bridge is a road-rail bridge over the Yangtze River in the city of Chongqing, China. The bridge, which opened on 29 April 2009, is the world's longest through arch bridge. The continuous steel truss arch bridge with tie girders has a height of 142 m (466 ft) from middle supports to arch top, main span of 552 m (1,811 ft) and a total length of 1,741 m (5,712 ft). It carries 6 lanes in two ways and a pedestrian lane on each side on the upper deck. The lower deck has 2 traffic lanes on each side with a reservation in the middle for Loop Chongqing Metro line.

11) The Dongshuimen Bridge and the Qianximen Bridge, known collectively as the Twin River Bridges, are a pair of bridges that form a road and rail connection in Chongqing, China. Consisting of two cable-stayed bridges and a tunnel across the Yuzhong peninsula, the connection opened in 2014. The Dongshuimen Bridge crosses the Yangtze River with a cable-stayed main span that is 445 metres (1,460 feet) long, connecting the Yuzhong and Nan'an Districts. The bridge is 858 metres (2,815 feet) long, with asymmetric cable-stayed back span lengths of 190.5 metres (625 feet) on the Yuzhong end and 222.5 metres (730 feet) on the Nan'an end. The Qianximen Bridge (sometimes Qiansimen Bridge) crosses the Jialing River with a cable-stayed main span that is 312 metres (1,024 feet), connecting the Jiangbei and the Yuzhong Districts. The placement of the single tower means that the cable-stayed back span of 240 metres (787 feet) provides a secondary channel for shipping. The bridge has a total length of 720 metres (2,362 feet) as it includes girder spans of 88 metres (289 feet) and 80 metres (262 feet). The bridge has nine pairs of cables. The Qianximen Bridge has the longest stay cable of both bridges, measuring 256.85 metres (843 feet) long.[1] The bridge was shortlisted for an award by the Institution of Structural Engineers.

12) Caiyuanba Yangtze River Bridge This is an arch bridge which crosses the Yangtze River in Chongqing, China. Completed in 2007, the arch spans 420 metres (1,380 ft) ranking among the longest arch bridges in the world. The bridges carries 6 lanes of traffic and two track of Chongqing Rail Transit Line 3 between the Nan'an District south of the Yangtze River and the Yuzhong District to the north.

13) Baijusi Yangtze River Bridge is a double deck cable-stayed road/rail bridge under constructed currently. It started construction in January 2016 and plans to finish in 2019. The upper deck is 44 meters wide 8 lane city roads. The lower deck is for Chongqing metro line 5. The main span is 660 meters. The two pylons are 220 meters high as a water drop shape.

14) Dingshan Yangtze River Bridge is a cable-stayed bridge which crosses the Yangtze River in Chongqing, China. Completed in 2013, it has a main span of 464 metres (1,522 ft). The bridge carries 6 lanes of road traffic on the upper deck and Line 5, Chongqing Rail Transit between the Jiangjin District south of the Yangtze River and the Jiulongpo District to the north.

15) Luzhou Chengdong Second Yangtze River Bridge is new double deck bridge is being built currently. The upper deck is for 8-lane road and lower deck for city light rail. The main span is 576 meters. The construction started in November 2016.

16) Yibin Lingang Yangtze River Bridge This is a road rail dual use cable-stayed bridge that just broke construction in Dec 2017. It will be the widest one of its kind in the world. The bridge is 1,732 long and its main span is 522 meters. The railway is for southern Sichuan Intercity rail link and will be part of Chengdu-Kunming HSR.

17) Yibin Jinsha River Road Rail Bridge It is a 5-span double deck road/rail dual use arch bridge. The main span is 336 meters. The upper rail deck is for Chengdu-Guiyang high speed rail.

18) Jinan Yellow River bridge,main span 128m+3*180m+128m , upper deck 6 lane expressway,lower deck 4 track highspeed railway

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Excuse me, I am sorry for your total ignorance. Crimean Bridge is just put a rail bridge and road bridge side-by-side, nothing special, nothing challenging. The only shipping channel there is a twin arch bridge with 227 meters span and 35 meters height clearance. 20 years ago, China may build bridges like that, but now it is a totally new level.

In China, there are many rail road dual-use double deck bridges. They are much wide, much longer and higher spans, and much more difficult to built. Just to give you several examples:
Excuse me, I am sorry for your total ignorance.
There are two criteria.
1. The total length of the bridge.
2. combined (railway and automobile lanes).

Very controversial statement that if the bridge is two-story, it is easier to build. It seems to me on the contrary. When railways and car lanes are built in parallel, it is much more iron and reinforced pipes hammered into the soil and much more work and much more difficult technology (because the bridges pass side by side, and piles are jammed at an angle - that is, more complicated engineering work). This is a lot more technological work and more labor-intensive process. My opinion is that two-story bridges are more easily constructed. Two-story bridges were invented to facilitate work.
The Crimean bridge has its own characteristics. In this area is very complex and unstable soil (the length of clogged reinforced pipes reaches up to 70 meters under the ground!). Therefore, to reduce the load on the soil, it was decided to go on a more complex path and build bridges in parallel.

In addition, the biggest bridge you listed is 14.4 km. Crimean Bridge - 19 km.
I will not argue with you and of course I will agree that the Crimean bridge is already, but we do not take this criterion. I look at the bridges by their length and by their functional capabilities.
In addition, it is not yet built :)

I also do not look at the length of the span of the bridge. it does not matter.
The essence of my question is "a combined bridge and a similar length."

In fact, the Crimean bridge, this one bridge is 38 km in length.

By the way, the length of the span of the Crimean bridge is determined by an artificial in-depth navigable canal through which the bridge passes and its width is about 120 meters.

It can be concluded that along the length and along the "combined bridge" - the Crimean bridge is the leader.

However, I do not argue - "in width" and "comparable length" - you gave a very good example (the width is larger, but the length is less).

However, according to the criteria of "two-row support", "length" and "combined rail and road" - the Crimean bridge has no equal.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Concerning the restaurant at Zhivopisny Most: how easy can you reach it, when you drive the road running over Zhivopisny Most? Is there a special exit and a parking lot for people who want to make there a break?

·
23,528 Posts
"Ponte del Mare"
Pescara, Italy​

Ponte del Mare is a bridge located at the mouth of the Pescara river and joins the two seafronts of the town. It has a highly innovative design and has been built to improve the town's usability and enhance its comfortable and modern town profile. The bridge has two cycle lanes and a pedestrian sidewalk.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Concerning the restaurant at Zhivopisny Most: how easy can you reach it, when you drive the road running over Zhivopisny Most? Is there a special exit and a parking lot for people who want to make there a break?
As you can see in the first photo, you can only reach the restaurant from the end of the pillars. You can't reach it directly from the bridge.

Reactions: Zaz965

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
How about the Zhivopisny Most in Mocsow? As it dosn't cross the river, but runs along it, it is pretty unusual. And it has a restaurant under its bow, which is also unusual itself, as it isn't along the road.
Restaurant never did open and capsule has been sitting empty since then. Last year it suppose to be converted to marriage office but not sure where that stands as of now. So no, you can't access the top at all.

·
Patatero Inside
12,046 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts