SkyscraperCity banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think is the most vibrant (day and night),walkable east coast city with good mass transit and nice weather (excluding nyc).

·
Banned
4,572 Posts
oh, I just noticed that not-NYC comment. I would have to bust out the voodoo doll and slap you in the face. :)

Probally Boston though.

·
Neanderthal
956 Posts
There's a lot of different perspectives you could look through when it comes to 'vibrant'. For example, Miami is a very vibrant entertainment center, but not very important as a center of commerce and finance.

But:
Entertainment: Miami
Commerce: Oh gee whiz. Boston or Philadelphia

·
Registered
19 Posts
JBOB said:
Miami beach and Atlantic City.
Are you guys shooting up that bad heroin thats going around?

Atlantic City? Walkable? Vibrant? Maybe the interior of the Borgatta is vibrant and the boardwalk 3 months out of the year but thats about it.

Center City Philly is light years ahead of A.C. comparing daily vibrancy and walkability. Even weekend nights when AC gets hit pretty good with both NYers and Phillyites, I'd still say there is much more going on in Philly.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Either Philly or Boston. Miami is Gulf Coast imo.

·
Banned
285 Posts
Lexington Wildcat said:
Are you guys shooting up that bad heroin thats going around?

Atlantic City? Walkable? Vibrant? Maybe the interior of the Borgatta is vibrant and the boardwalk 3 months out of the year but thats about it.

Center City Philly is light years ahead of A.C. comparing daily vibrancy and walkability. Even weekend nights when AC gets hit pretty good with both NYers and Phillyites, I'd still say there is much more going on in Philly.

Hell No, where is it at? I agree with your cronic, AC is part of Philly but Philly alone is crackin all night long.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Am I the only one surprised that nobody has mentioned Washington?

·
Registered
35 Posts
rotten777 said:
Boston, DC, and Philly...in no order since I haven't been to these cities enough to judge...

When I travel, I go to NYC mostly.
What the hell is this? What kind of vote is that? :bash:

Take a stand, the question was which city beside NYC was most vibrant and you basically said NYC :bash: :bash:

·
Registered
700 Posts
Miami in the south, and Boston in the north.

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
chicagogeorge said:
Either Philly or Boston. Miami is Gulf Coast imo.
How is Miami Gulf Coast? Whats that body of water you see when you stand on Miami Beach?? I think its the Atlantic Ocean but then again I could be wrong :) Miami is by far the most 24/7 of the choices (probably even more than NYC). I mean even the suburban mall near me is open until 5AM (and crowded until like 3 AM too). Boston is more walkable overall and has an infinitly better transit system (not to mention infinitly better universities). The weather is just a matter of personal preference. The winters in Miami are amazingly beautiful but the summers are unbearable. The Fall is great in Boston but the winters are unbearable.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.