Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So whats your vote for most walkable/enjoyable street(s) in Dade county and why? What would you like to see more (or less) of on the streets and in the neighborhoods close to you in order for you to enjoy them more than you do now (besides fewer cars thats obvious)?

I guess for streets I vote:
- Lincoln Rd. then
- Washington Ave. then
- Espanola Way then
- Ocean Dr.
Hmm... I'm seeing a trend here. ;)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I'm for anywhere in Miami Beach. That whole island is catered for pedestrians. The re-development of South Florida can learn from their example. They set the standard... places like Washington, Collins, and most-definitely Lincoln Rd... and now everywhere else down here must follow.

I know this is directed toward Dade, but I'd like to throw in a few from Broward and Palm Beach Counties:
- The Walk (Coral Springs, University Drive)
- Las Olas Blvd. & A1A Northbound in Ft. Lauderdale
- A1A @ Hillsboro Blvd. in Deerfield Beach
- Plaza Real (i.e. Mizner Park) in Boca Raton
- Worth Avenue (Palm Beach Island)
- Okeechobee Blvd. in downtown WPB.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Well if your gonna talk most enjoyable street in PBC DShoot, I think you HAVE to include Clematis Street.
Yes, of course Clematis. That's where my mind was when I was saying Okeechobee... basically I feel as though downtown WPB has a couple clusters of walkable areas, like City Place and Clematis, and with all the road and walkway enhancements they've been doing for the past few years, the city in general is becoming very pedestrian-tolerant.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Some other examples from the mainland. . .

Coral Way between Brickell and Coral Gables.
Calle Ocho.
Sunset in South Miami

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
So whats your vote for most walkable/enjoyable street(s) in Dade county and why?
I guess for streets I vote:
- Lincoln Rd. then
- Washington Ave. then
- Espanola Way then
- Ocean Dr.
Hmm... I'm seeing a trend here. ;)
Yep...the trend is the most dense city in Florida has the most walkable streets. The South Beach area, where less than 50% of the population owns cars, has the most compact retail corridors and accessible city services.
And, the areas with the most walkable/enjoyable streets has the most desireable real estate and market value.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Most walkable street in dade county...

177th ave, between Kendall Drive and Tamiami Trail...
Just out of curiosity, why is it very pedestrian-friendly? I just ask because I've never gone down 177th Av before and was wondering.

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
Just out of curiosity, why is it very pedestrian-friendly? I just ask because I've never gone down 177th Av before and was wondering.
It was sarcasm. My guess is if you tried to walk down Krome (177th Ave) in that area you would live maybe 5 minutes. Drivers rarely survive that stretch much less pedestrians.

·
Banned
655 Posts
That is the most dangerous road in all of Dade County. It's a narrow 2-lane road with everglades coming VERY close to the road on both sides. There are no sidewalks, and cars go speeding by there at 60-70 MPH. It would get the award for "most dangerous and least pedestrian-friendly road in Dade County"...:lol:

·
Contents Under Pressure
9,623 Posts
Ali Baba Avenue in Opa-Locka hasn't received any votes? That's just wrong.

(I'd have to go with Espanola or various other South Beach locales in Dade and Las Olas in Broward).

·
Biscayne Corridor Realtor
930 Posts
naughty naughty

That is the most dangerous road in all of Dade County. It's a narrow 2-lane road with everglades coming VERY close to the road on both sides. There are no sidewalks, and cars go speeding by there at 60-70 MPH. It would get the award for "most dangerous and least pedestrian-friendly road in Dade County"...:lol:
that stretch of road is very near and dear to my heart as it was the place were my ex gf chose to give me her very special love!!!! at 60 mph... true story!!!

in my (and her) defense it was a long time ago

1 - 20 of 20 Posts