SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mornar bez mora
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually I spend summer holiday in northern part of Adriatic coast, also this year we had other plans but before that we decided to meet our friends near Makarska. It felt pretty strange as I could understand everybody in our small village which was full of Slovaks, Czechs and also Croatians from Bosna. I found it pretty boring just spending whole 4 days on the beach so I planned a short trip to Bosnia.

While driving we have realised that we are going through a border crossing and we don't have ID or Passports :D, it was a bit of a shock because we had only ID card back at place where we were staying and I thought that passport is needed to travel to BiH. It was alright thanks god..

Dobro došli!

First mosque - dzamija

Passing by charming little town of Pocitelj

Driving trough beautifle valley of Neretva river

·
Mornar bez mora
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We parked our car right in the city center, but we couldnt close the window, suddenly this guy comes and tells us that he will take care of it, will be safe.. nema problema :D "no problem"

·
Mornar bez mora
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
In this cafe on the left they make really delicious Baklava, and there was also this beautifle blond girl with light blue eyes ;)

Some nice place for lunch just around the corner

On the top of the hill there is a massive cross and also new Catholic church has much higher tower than surrounding minarets..

Before WW1 there were about 22 bridges like this

·
Mornar bez mora
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Probably second time ever in mosque

·
Mornar bez mora
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We went to Mostar quite early in the morning as it was gonna be a hot day, sun was already beating down so we decided to visit source of the Buna river and the Blagaj Tekija..

Roads in BiH

j/k :D

Blagaj

Blagaj Tekke (a Sufi monastery) - The musafirhana (guest house) and türbe (mausoleum)

Vidimo se :wave:

·
helter skelter
1,867 Posts
I remember knowing about this city for the first time in a documentary on rebuilding that bridge ages ago. From the pictures it looks like Mostar is a very small city, but it's so beautiful, brimming with old town charm.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Great photos and beautiful city.
I have been in Mostar7 years ago and most probably I'm gonna be there this August :banana:

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Really lovely places. They look very authentic.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts