Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The city of Mosul is in the news sometimes. Bombs go off here and someone blows himself up there, but what people don't know is that Mosul is an ancient city. The Arabised city that actually belongs to the Kurds and Assyrians used to be a centre of the old Mesopotamia. Now it is known as an Iraqi city.
The city lies in the Kurdish region, also called Kurdistan. The Kurds claim the city as their part, but also the Assyrians do. The Arabs, who make the little majority, claim the Arabised city to be an Iraqi-Arab city.










And finally, the Kurds of Mosul love the Americans :) :cheers:


 

·
Strange User
Joined
·
19,684 Posts
Znoopy said:
One of my American friends who was a soldier in Iraq told me that; Kurdish women are very beautiful and very easy.. and he said that if you pay 5 dollars they are yours...
is that correct...?
it is correct unfortuatelly... A friend of mine had been there as soldier.He told me that fathers sell them, cause they have many...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7 Posts
kilgarvan said:
Ooopppsss! Please don't insult Kurdish women. I am a Turk but I never accept this ugly attitude. Please stop!
I don't insult anybody...I'm just telling what my friend told me...
I have never been in that part of world...How can I know buddy...?
 

·
Yunus Üstünol
Joined
·
776 Posts
Ozcan said:
People like you are a shame to our nation.
Ozcan kardesim ya sen ingilizce bilmiyorsun yada Turk degilsin..
ya da benim ingilizcem zayif..


Nice city...
Some day it will be in the Misak-i milli...
Turkcesi: Guzel sehir bir gun Misakı Milli sinirlarinda olacak...
Misaki millinin ne demek oldugunu aciklamama gerek yok sanirim...her Turkun bilmesi gereken bir tabir...
Saygilarimla
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,046 Posts
I can't believe hearing some idiots talking about annexing Kirkuk and Mosul. This is the 21st century.. you know perfectly well that expansionist ideas are a backward ideology and will not be tolerated by the international community.
 

·
Toronto and Athens
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Joined
·
5,577 Posts
Kuvvaci said:
it is correct unfortuatelly... A friend of mine had been there as soldier.He told me that fathers sell them, cause they have many...

Somehow, I didn't expect you to sink this low. It is obvious why you agreed with the original pathetic statement. What a shame.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Znoopy said:
One of my American friends who was a soldier in Iraq told me that; Kurdish women are very beautiful and very easy.. and he said that if you pay 5 dollars they are yours...
is that correct...?
your friend must have been on crack there, coz it's totally against kurdish culture to give yourself to anyone without parental permission.

I think you mean prostitutes, which is found in Baghdad mostly.

Also to some funny dudes here; try to talk civilized instead of some trash at every Kurdish-related topic.

Mosul is a nice city, but I would rather stay in our lovely mountains.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
There're some disinformation in this topic. First of all, neither Kekruk nor Musul is not an ancient Kurdish city. Kurds migrated to Iraq and Turkey from North Iran in 8th century. Musul and Kerkuk was clearly founded by Assyrians who are clearly a semitic people and have nothing to do with Kurds but massacred by Kurds in the late 19th century (this is totally a different topic)

Though Mosul was founded Assyrians and Arabians, it gained importance when Turks arrived Mosul in about 8 th century and Abbassid era had begun.

Until 1930's, Mosul was populated by mainly Turks. In 20th century Ba'ath regime artificially changed the demographic structure because they were afraid of losing the region to Turkey. They populated the city with Kurds and Arabs though after 1980's they sent Kurds back to North Iraq again. After USA invasion, fascist Kurdish tribal leaders (Mesut Barzani) tried to repopulate the city with peshmerga who are not real residents of Mosul. Those peshmergas are mainly responsibe for some massacres against Turkomans, Arabians and even some Kurds who have rised against that fascist leader.

Kurds want Mosul and Kerkuk because of large oil reserves however as the previous poster said that they don't belong to neither Mosul nor Kerkuk but belong to mountains.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Galatia said:
There're some disinformation in this topic. First of all, neither Kekruk nor Musul is not an ancient Kurdish city. Kurds migrated to Iraq and Turkey from North Iran in 8th century. Musul and Kerkuk was clearly founded by Assyrians who are clearly a semitic people and have nothing to do with Kurds but massacred by Kurds in the late 19th century (this is totally a different topic)

Though Mosul was founded Assyrians and Arabians, it gained importance when Turks arrived Mosul in about 8 th century and Abbassid era had begun.

Until 1930's, Mosul was populated by mainly Turks. In 20th century Ba'ath regime artificially changed the demographic structure because they were afraid of losing the region to Turkey. They populated the city with Kurds and Arabs though after 1980's they sent Kurds back to North Iraq again. After USA invasion, fascist Kurdish tribal leaders (Mesut Barzani) tried to repopulate the city with peshmerga who are not real residents of Mosul. Those peshmergas are mainly responsibe for some massacres against Turkomans, Arabians and even some Kurds who have rised against that fascist leader.

Kurds want Mosul and Kerkuk because of large oil reserves however as the previous poster said that they don't belong to neither Mosul nor Kerkuk but belong to mountains.
blah blah blah,
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wonder why Turks are so racist?

Why are Turks jealous about our women? Istanbul has a million hookers walking outthere, I haven't seen one lady walking on the streets to get money in Kurdistan.

A shame and unfortunately the Turks will never forget their stupid attitude they got from a potential terrorist, also called "Ataturk"..


Still, for the liers, Mosul is a Kurdish city and not Turkish :) Thank you!

And God bless America for our freedom!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Znoopy said:
One of my American friends who was a soldier in Iraq told me that; Kurdish women are very beautiful and very easy.. and he said that if you pay 5 dollars they are yours...
is that correct...?
People learn from their parents, right? I think your mother tought you the things you say. Which city did she work? Ankara, Istanbul or Izmir?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Kurd_Kerkûkî said:
I wonder why Turks are so racist?

Why are Turks jealous about our women? Istanbul has a million hookers walking outthere, I haven't seen one lady walking on the streets to get money in Kurdistan.

A shame and unfortunately the Turks will never forget their stupid attitude they got from a potential terrorist, also called "Ataturk"..


Still, for the liers, Mosul is a Kurdish city and not Turkish :) Thank you!

And God bless America for our freedom!


Not everybody is as stupid as you believe, and will belive blinfully your version of the truth.

What Galatia said has absolute valididty, and trying to dismiss it by brandaging Atatturk as a potential terrosrist is wrong, and dishonerable. After all it is your brothers who suicide bomb in turkey, and blow up synagoges, consulates, tourists and banks.

Who are you trying to fool, it is common knowledge there are large Turkoman populations in northern iraq, And they have been victum of kurdish agression, in the kurds trying to secure domination and population over the mosul and kirkuk oil fields.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I will not start a discussion with Turks who don't even know their own name.

Greets!
 

·
Strange User
Joined
·
19,684 Posts
metcalf said:
Not everybody is as stupid as you believe, and will belive blinfully your version of the truth.

What Galatia said has absolute valididty, and trying to dismiss it by brandaging Atatturk as a potential terrosrist is wrong, and dishonerable. After all it is your brothers who suicide bomb in turkey, and blow up synagoges, consulates, tourists and banks.

Who are you trying to fool, it is common knowledge there are large Turkoman populations in northern iraq, And they have been victum of kurdish agression, in the kurds trying to secure domination and population over the mosul and kirkuk oil fields.
:eek:kay:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,278 Posts
I know many Assyrians in Chicago who come from Mosul.
 
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Top