Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Library of Ashurbanipal revival in Iraq

Ashurbanipal library building in the modern form (IRIN)

Alaa Youssef - Baghdad

Started the University of Mosul, a project to revive the Library of Ashurbanipal historical, and was held for this project, said architect similar construction that prevailed in that era, the project aims to establish a space scientific and cultural equipped with the means to attract researchers and scholars from within and outside Iraq, and provide the appropriate atmosphere for them to search.

This is because the discovery of the remains of a library Ashurbanipal to the mid-nineteenth century, an event that shook the scientific community and cultural rights in different parts of the world, and drew the attention of institutions and scientific bodies in the west to Nineveh - the capital of the Assyrians - and what they store of the treasures of ancient and revealed aspects of civilization has remained buried for more than than 3000 years.

Dean of the Faculty of Archaeology at the University of Mosul, Ali Jubouri (IRIN)
A huge library
According to Dr. Ali Yasin Jubouri Dean of the Faculty of Archaeology at the University of Mosul of the island that the idea of ​​establishing a modern library as a library Ashurbanipal emerged in 2001 as the specialized knowledge of the effects and studies cuneiform, but the project stopped after the U.S. invasion in 2003 and then reinstated it two years ago.

And confirms Jubouri that library will be the largest in the Arab world and the region in terms of architecture similar to what it was library time Ashurbanipal, and in terms of assets, noting that museums and universities from Britain, Germany and America have expressed their willingness to provide the library with all the implications and manuscripts and regulations of the era of Ashurbanipal.

And operates a library Ashurbanipal now, a place on the ground floor of the Central Library at the University of Mosul, and contain the printed 4097 and 2607 Arab and foreign books and 1490 periodical Arab and foreign, has been providing those publications in cooperation between Central Library and the Faculty of Arts.

He pointed out that the management Jubouri the British Museum had expressed willingness to supply Iraq with high-quality digital images of all artifacts, paintings and manuscripts in the library for safekeeping.

He disclosed the existence of a department in the Faculty of Archaeology, University of specialized studies in cuneiform, and cuneiform will bring together most of the regulations existing in the palaces of Nineveh, and in museums worldwide, or when individuals, and will be placed in this library.

It will also provide the British Museum Library rare books and manuscripts, as well as Library and Museum of Mosul, which has plenty of books and manuscripts, Assyrian, and the University of Alexandria in Egypt to contribute to collect more than a thousand book and the source of the period of the rule of Ashurbanipal.

The Director of the Departments of Media and Special Projects at the BA, Dr. Khaled Azab and a national campaign for the Egyptian collection of 1,000 books donated to the Library of Ashurbanipal, Iraq.

Effects of the Iraqi expert Ihsan Fathi
(IRIN)
Thousands of panels
Library and the date of Ashurbanipal says Iraqi expert in antiquities d. Ihsan Fathi of the island that the Royal Library was established in the seventh century BC and named after Ashurbanipal to last months, the kings of the Assyrian empire, and contained thousands of clay tablets and texts, mostly in Akkadian included different topics back to the seventh century BC.

He adds that he found some remains of the library on a dig archaeological Kjongiu (Nineveh, ancient capital of the Assyrian), which was built by the city of Nineveh, the current in the left coast of the city of Mosul, and indicates that most of the discoveries of the site are made by travelers and British archaeologist Austen Henry Layard where most of them were transported to England, and currently on display at the British Museum in London.

For his part, says Dr. Abu Said Dewachi of the University of Mosul, said there are more than 200 thousand artifacts dating back to the era of Ashurbanipal taken from the palaces of Nineveh in the early nineteenth century found in the British Museum, referring to his visit to Britain and the agreement with officials from the British Museum to return this Library, which includes artifacts.

·
Galactico
11,194 Posts
Wow this is a good find dear IraqSpirit. A shame that we first have heard about it now!

A good iniative by all those who wants to supply it with artifacts.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
It looks like a fortress.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow this is a good find dear IraqSpirit. A shame that we first have heard about it now!

A good iniative by all those who wants to supply it with artifacts.
it was a surprise to me, hope we get new pics soon!

·
Registered
344 Posts
The main concept of the design is the Lamassu. It was inspired by this ...
It seems silly to me but anyway.. good progress though. :)

·
dreams of Babylon rising
13,685 Posts
thanks from baghdad.

that clarifies many things!

·
Banned
3,185 Posts

:lol:

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Hashimi I swear you have some sort of fetish for arab men who are in tribes and wear that traditional arab clothing? Dont you babez? Does an 3rabi 3gal orgy turn you on? You wana be rapped around his 3gal yea?

·
Banned
3,185 Posts
:lol:

Are you drunk?

When I posted an Asian and black gif people complained, and now I can't even post gifs from my own people:lol:

Maybe I can post a picture of an Sumerian figure next time? Will that be OK?

And stop telling me your own twisted fantasy. Not interested, LOL.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts