Indus Priest King
7,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Shanghai; seems likley!

·
Indus Priest King
7,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I use to think Los Angeles was the capital of freeway overpasses; once again China takes takes over the record. Good show...

P

·
0 Posts
Some UK motorways:

M6, Birmingham. "Spaghetti Junction"

M1, just south of Leeds

M25, London Ring Road (Europe's busiest motorway)

M48, Old Severn Bridge linking England (left) and Wales (right)

M62, crossing moorland in West Yorkshire. This stretch of motorway is the highest in the UK (372m above sea level)

·
Banned
1,422 Posts
I heard road and motorway constructins are going crazy fast in China, they even don't update maps in time :laugh:

anyway some highways and roads from Lithuania

total length of roads with official motorway status is only 417km but it's quite enough for a country of this size and amount of traffic

A2

A12/E77

A11 (the white car on the left - mine - if cops would catch me in this location I'd have problems :laugh: )

A1

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
^The rural interstates there look a lot like rural interstates here in the US, only you have those little white things sticking out of the ground, we don't.

P

·
0 Posts
Nice posts. Those Lithuanian motorways look nice cruising through the green, rolling countryside.

China will soon be a driver's paradise. It's such a huge country, and the motorway possibilities are endless.

·
forumer #29
4,614 Posts
A few Stockholm highway/motorway shots (by me :))

Essingeleden (E4/E20 bypassing Stockholm's inner city) Sweden's widest freeway.

Nynäsvägen Stockholm<->southern 'burbs

·
Indus Priest King
7,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Your Majesty said:
This is my first posting here so please treat me gently :)

The Magic Roundabout in the UK

That first one looks crazy; are those 5 "roundabouts" in one huge circle?

·
Most ignored user!
354 Posts
Yep, there are quite a few of them around in the UK, but that one looks particularly confusing since its all flat.

B

·
0 Posts
Pobbie Rarr said:
M25, London Ring Road (Europe's busiest motorway)
Since when?
I understood the busiest section doent even get up to the 200000 v/p/d mark.
The busiest section in Europe is well over the 200000 v/p/d.

·
Indus Priest King
7,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Your Majesty said:
The three pictures are all the same roundabout.
That is insane I've looked at it many times but everytime I do I'm amazed at it!

If I had to go through that I'd close my eyes, drive straight and hope for the best!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
cntower said:
That's crazy; they better have a good signs because if a visitor gets onto those roads...good luck trying to get to his/her destination....

By the way what city is that?
Foreigners can't drive in China... only Chinese citizens. BTW, that highway through Shanghai is one of the coolest stretches of road I've ever been on. It was like an elevated highway through Manhattan. There were huge skyscrapers on both sides of it for miles!! :)

·
Indus Priest King
7,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
sbarn said:
Foreigners can't drive in China... only Chinese citizens. BTW, that highway through Shanghai is one of the coolest stretches of road I've ever been on. It was like an elevated highway through Manhattan. There were huge skyscrapers on both sides of it for miles!! :)
What about an outsider from rural China? :lol:

21 - 40 of 929 Posts