SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 929 Posts

·
Indus Priest King
7,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Dosen't Australia also have the longest straight railway track in the world? Dosen't that get boring; by the way how long are Road Trains?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Rail Claimore said:
^The rural interstates there look a lot like rural interstates here in the US, only you have those little white things sticking out of the ground, we don't.
its not an interstate if its in the UK.

·
PTnut
588 Posts
No, in the UK its a motorway.

Australia has the longest strech of dead striaght railway track in the world across the Nullarbor plain. I don't know the length of it though. The straight hwy pic you saw there is probably the Eyre Hwy, which also traverses the Nullarbor Plain.

·
Lurker
3,805 Posts
cntower said:
Dosen't Australia also have the longest straight railway track in the world? Dosen't that get boring; by the way how long are Road Trains?
The longest road train ever was over 1km in length, which is longer than a lot of trains that run on rail.

·
Motorways Runner
36,165 Posts
I liked a lot the Polish motorways ;)

·
tä-gE
171 Posts
smeghead said:
No, in the UK its a motorway.

Australia has the longest strech of dead striaght railway track in the world across the Nullarbor plain. I don't know the length of it though. The straight hwy pic you saw there is probably the Eyre Hwy, which also traverses the Nullarbor Plain.
free limited acces highway is a generic term for a road that has limited acces and no toll.

·
Motorways Runner
36,165 Posts
Very nice and exciting motorways all over the world...

I love them all !

btw...
this page is very busy, hevy because of the pics....

let's turn the page....

41 - 60 of 929 Posts