SkyscraperCity Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
3,274 Posts
^^ I've hiked up Longonot a couple of time back in the day... If I remember correctly, there were no established routes down into the crater. The crater walls are pretty shear -- only thing I can think of is rappelling into it.

· #AfricaRising
508 Posts
Stunning but..

Definitely one of Kenya's most underrated tourist attractions. Perhaps because nearby Lake Naivasha steals the show. OAN can anyone tell me why that most beautiful area between Mai Mahiu and Longonot town (along both sides of Old Naivasha rd) is barely inhabited? I know some investors are buying land in the area and planning gated communities and one or two resorts including Longonot Gardens and Cafe Ubuntu have popped up in recent years but other than that I barely see any human settlement yet the area is very beautiful, soil seems fertile and stima does not seem too far away.

· Registered
16,624 Posts

Maybe we should have geologist monitoring these volcanoes since the damage they can cause when they erupt would be catastrophic.

We seen an eruption in Goma. And the recent geological situation in the rift with crevasses forming and lakes rising, a volcanic event could be happening in the near future.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.