SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Skyscraper
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all hear about Hollywood North, and how so many movies are being filmed in Vancouver or Toronto, but really, how often do you watch a movie that ACTUALLY takes place in Vancouver...or Toronto or anywhere else in Canada.

I remember the Whole Nine Yards, it took place in Montreal. And I remember how surprised I was to see most of the movie actually taking place in Canada.

Lets get a LIST going of all the other movies that take place anywhere in Canada.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
The score - Montreal
waydowntown - Calgary (watched on sundance channel)
afterglow - Montreal (watched on sundance channel)

I hear more references to Toronto in HK movies than N.A. movies. Its too bad hollywood crybabies jeer the fact that movies are shot in Canada, yet don't realize the billions of dollars CDNs have spent at the theatres and rentals watching their trash (not including TV programing), and having US culture forced upon us. They can't let us have some without holding it over our heads.

·
Registered
251 Posts
How about that one I saw with Ice Cube.. Are we there yet? That was set in Vancouver.

I do believe so was Eck Vs. Sever. (Warning: DO not see either movies:))

·
Registered
133 Posts
I remember seeing a set on the Bay building on Queen st. They had a sighn on the building that said "Madison Sq. Gardends 3rd Ave". with cars from the 1930's parked everywhere. Needless to say, it was quite a nostalgic scene (even though i was born on the 70's).

Ive also seen Cathrine Zeta Jones in a blockbuster on bay st. . . WOW!

Mike j douglas is the luckiest man alive! I HATE HIM!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Canadian Bacon - Toronto and the Niagara border region.

·
8,165 Posts
Far From Home: The Adventures of Yellow Dog - set in the British Columbia wilderness. I remember seeing this in TV one time. One scene shows the Labrador planes of the Canadian Coast Guard actually mobilize as if it was the US airforce readying for battle. You don't see that scene everyday.... ;)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113028/

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
There's been a 3 movies set in Vancouver and BC that I can remember. Intersection starring Richard Gere and Sharon Stone and Narrow Margin with Gene Hackman and Ann Archer. There was also a film I saw recently called Russian Roulette starring George Segal from 1975. It's a pretty pathetic tally considering how many films have been made in British Columbia.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I believe in MVP (Most Valuable Primate) a trucker picks up the skilled chimp and drives him to Nelson B.C...don't ask me how I know this....

·
Registered
34 Posts
I forgot what its called but it was set in Montreal and/or Quebec City and i think Toronto in the end. Starred Angelina Jolie, Ethan Hawke, Kiefer Sutherland maybe about 3-4 yrs ago

·
Registered
676 Posts
Oh yeah, I forgot Driven was set in Toronto, at the Molson Indy. It had Sly Stallone driving down University Avenue in a CART race car. There were also some great shots of the skyline, although the movie itself was nothing special.

·
Registered
199 Posts
FUBAR was NOT filmed just outside Edmonton! It is a Calgary movie- their house is abouut 3 blocks from where I live! Some of the scenese are shot in High River, south of Calgary, but it's a Calgary flick. Don't take FUBAR away from us.

·
Registered
251 Posts
jay04 said:
I forgot what its called but it was set in Montreal and/or Quebec City and i think Toronto in the end. Starred Angelina Jolie, Ethan Hawke, Kiefer Sutherland maybe about 3-4 yrs ago
That was last year called Taking Lives.

·
The Mighty.
3,184 Posts
There was two movies set in my city...
One was with Harrison Ford actually. (Although Windsor was in that for a little bit)
I forget the names though.
You can see Windsor in quite a few movies...
Detroit Rock City, 8 Mile, and that one with Jennifer Lopez...
Ohh heelllll yeah Windsor is the shit!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts