Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently, I have accepted a new job as chief engineer for the Burlington Northern and Santa Fe railway, and will be relocated to the Tacoma area of Washington State, where I will operate trans-continental trains from the Tideflat yards near downtown. All of my life, 56 years, I have been a New York City resident so this will be a drastic change. My departure will be very emotional, but I plan to move back into the city once I retire. I would just like to let everyone know my plans.

·
User
5,634 Posts
That must've been a real tough decision, I hope everything works out real well for you and your new job over there. You should definitely visit any time you can and hopefully we'll help you out over here in the NYC forums by providing the latest news and stuff.

Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
11,326 Posts
^yup, exactly what I thought!
I mean for me I'm young, I don't really care that much, I wouldn't mind being a nomad for a few years around the globe, but if I lived over 56 years in one place, it's like leaving a part of yourself behind.
but the place isn't that bad, and I'm sure the place is great for sightseeing :eek:kay:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts