SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm moving to Albuquerque from Toronto in September and I wanted to ask the following questions.

What are some of the better downtown areas to live for a young professional.

Are there any new loft/condos for rent downtown?

Is the city bike friendly?

What is the mass transit like?

What cool towns are located nearby that are on the Road runner(not sure of the name) train line?

Cheers, and thanks for any help, Andrew.

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, I'm trying to find the name of a fairly new development at the corner of Indian Rd, and Louisiana Blvd. I now it has some big box stores and restaurants, (which I hate) but the condos built there look really nice.

Andrew.

·
finmqa1
236 Posts
Also, I'm trying to find the name of a fairly new development at the corner of Indian Rd, and Louisiana Blvd. I now it has some big box stores and restaurants, (which I hate) but the condos built there look really nice.

Andrew.
Hey Andrew - Congrats on your move! You're in for a giant culture shock though upon arriving. I'm a native and love this city terribly, but you have to realize we are still very much a small town even with 850,000 residents. I wouldn't live Downtown if I were you, if you need an urban vibe, then Nob Hill will suit your taste better. It's definitely has the best city-vibe in town and is on the rapid ride bus line. You'll be near Downtown, UNM, and Uptown as well, so you'll have most everything you need in a 5-10 mile radius. ABQ was recently ranked 3rd most bike friendly city in the US, and that was based on our trails and bike lanes. Since that ranking the city has been converting several city streets into bike boulevards near downtown, UNM, and Nob Hill. I love this place, and I certainly hope you do too, hit me up with an IM if you need more specific questions answered. And if you love the outdoors and the mountains, you'll find plenty to do nearby.

The development on Indian School Rd, that I believe you're referring to, is ABQ Uptown (www.abquptown.com).

As for using the new Rail Runner Commuter line, Santa Fe, which has world class cuisine, and art will be just an hour north. Great skiing there as well in the winter months.

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help 505_SW. I realize it's going to be a bit of a culture shock, but I'm looking forward to it. As it stands it's just a short term mover 1-3 years but it will be a nice change of pace. I'm a bit of a city slicker but I love the outdoors as well. I was glad to see that NM has such top notch skiing and other outdoor activities. I'll be working for Sony Image works at the ABQ Studio. I was trying to find pictures online of the facility but was unable to. I think it's only a few years old as it's not on Google maps. Does anybody have any pictures of it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts