Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Lord of Legoland
10,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks.. just got back today...

AmsterDAMN that is one beautiful and cozy city! :)

I'll let my pictures do the talking, so here we go...

·
world citizen
1,526 Posts
Outch! Great photos Mr D, as always :D

I love Amsterdam, for me one of the best cities to visit/live in the earth. I have to visit that city!!!

How many days do you stay in Amsterdam??

·
XXX
512 Posts
Really nice pictures :)
Did you enjoy your stay?

God, I love this city :cheers:
Looks like an oversized village, but at the same time it's a busy metropolis :lol:

·
Banned
1,021 Posts
Great photos. Amsterdam is beautiful.

By the way, I assume that these buildings are not too old since they look exactly like English Victorian structures. Do they, in fact, date from the late 19th Century?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
The first 5 houses from the left are actually from the seventeenth century: Amsterdam's golden age. See also pictures 3,4,5,7,8 for this type of architecture.
The larger building to the right as well as the smaller building om the opposite corner are indeed late ninteenth century, possibly even very early 20 th. century and correspond to what you would call victorian.

·
Lord of Legoland
10,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks all! :cheers1:

Where else are you going this summer besides Riga?
Besides Riga I only have a small visit to Northern Germany planned in the same week...

I do have a week in August too - not too sure where I'll go there, most likely somewhere in Europe.. :dunno:

·
Registered
41 Posts
by far the best fotos i have ever seen of amsterdam!!!! i wasnt very interested to go there before but now..yeah i have to gO! amazing !! :) thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts