SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
It sure looks great in these pics. One of the best threads of Hamsterdam I've seen! Thanks for the invasion.

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
Beautiful! :applause: great pictures, great city which kinda looks familiar.. atleast the architecture.. just feels like ive seen a lot of those styles here in Copenhagen :)

Anyway... hope you enjoyed your trip dude! :cheers2:

·
Lord of Legoland
10,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks all! :cheers1:

So were there more bikes in Amsterdam than in Copenhagen? :)
There was a lot of bikes, but not really more, atleast not in the areas I visited.. and the bike infrastructure was certainly not at CPH's level either ( no bike lanes or traffic signals )... infact it was all rather chaotic and not a place I'd like to bike myself.. ( the bikes apperently have the right of way, even over pedestrians, so they just speed around not giving a shit about people or red lights )

That said I do have a feeling that the more modern parts of the Netherlands are more suited.. but the inner cities of Amsterdam and Den Haag is certainly lacking!

If people are wondering about all the bike talk it comes from a Thread claiming Amsterdam to bike the "Bike Capital" of the world..

·
Citizen of heavenly city!
657 Posts
Concerning the thin houses, it is all the same in Brussels. They move their furniture through the windows and this kind of houses belong often(but not always) to one family only and in such case the houses are not divided to flats.
Thanks for sunny shots :)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
wow the Holland Capital is great... wonderful, amazing!!! thanks for this pictures about Amsterdan...

is amsterdan bigger than copenaguen?

·
Lord of Legoland
10,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
thanks Mr_Denmark... the Scandinavian cities are beautiful.... my top 5 is:
1- Reyjavik (Iceland / Islandia)
2- Copenhagen (Denmark / Dinamarca)
3- Stockholm (Sweden / Suecia)
4- Amsterdam (Netherlands / Paises Bajos)
5- Hensilky (Finland / Finlandia) and Oslo (Norway / Noruega)

:) but Scandivania have amazing cities

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.