Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Lord of Legoland
10,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi mates.. I just got back tonight...

AmsterDAMN that is one beautiful and cozy city! :)

I'll let my pictures do the talking, so here we go...

·
Hotel Business
792 Posts
Good job, Mr. D. :eek:kay: However, the locations of your shots are very typical for Amsterdam visitor... :D
Too bad you didn't want to contact your fellow S&B forumer in Amsterdam so he could show you less known and interesting photo spots of Am*dam... ;)

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
Beautiful! :applause: great pictures, great city which kinda looks familiar.. atleast the architecture.. just feels like ive seen a lot of those styles here in Copenhagen :)

Anyway... hope you enjoyed your trip dude! :cheers2:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
beautiful old city , I especially like those canals and the extremely thin houses.
I have no idea how they can live in those :D

·
Registered
503 Posts
Beautiful pictures!! Amsterdam is great! Especially in sunshine. Hope you had a nice trip. And yes, where are all the real Amsterdam picture?? ;)

If anybody wants I can upload a few recent mobile shots from NL - of buildings that is :)

·
Lord of Legoland
10,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks all! :cheers1:

So were there more bikes in Amsterdam than in Copenhagen? :)
There was a lot of bikes, but not really more, atleast not in the areas I visited.. and the bike infrastructure was certainly not at CPH's level either ( no bike lanes or traffic signals )... infact it was all rather chaotic and not a place I'd like to bike myself.. ( the bikes apperently have the right of way, even over pedestrians, so they just speed around not giving a shit about people or red lights )

That said I do have a feeling that the more modern parts of the Netherlands are more suited.. but the inner cities of Amsterdam and Den Haag is certainly lacking!

If people are wondering about all the bike talk it comes from a Thread claiming Amsterdam to bike the "Bike Capital" of the world..

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Amsterdam has the most bikes per 1000 inhabitants i thought, but Copenhagen is bigger. If you are going to visit the city another time, you must see the new places and the skyline!

·
Citizen of heavenly city!
634 Posts
Concerning the thin houses, it is all the same in Brussels. They move their furniture through the windows and this kind of houses belong often(but not always) to one family only and in such case the houses are not divided to flats.
Thanks for sunny shots :)

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
wow the Holland Capital is great... wonderful, amazing!!! thanks for this pictures about Amsterdan...

is amsterdan bigger than copenaguen?

·
Lord of Legoland
10,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Timelord victorious
2,681 Posts
Great pics Mr. D. But you really have to stop invading anymore countries. What are we to do with all these collonies??

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
thanks Mr_Denmark... the Scandinavian cities are beautiful.... my top 5 is:
1- Reyjavik (Iceland / Islandia)
2- Copenhagen (Denmark / Dinamarca)
3- Stockholm (Sweden / Suecia)
4- Amsterdam (Netherlands / Paises Bajos)
5- Hensilky (Finland / Finlandia) and Oslo (Norway / Noruega)

:) but Scandivania have amazing cities

1 - 20 of 28 Posts