SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Lord of Legoland
10,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys... well this thread is a bit late.. you see we went for a one day trip to Yokohama from Tokyo back in 2005.. and unfortunatly it turned cloudy about 10 min's after we got there... and me and grey skies are certainly not friends... but I finally desided to post them anyway..

So here we go - Yokohama... well more like the Marina district.. :)

·
Lord of Legoland
10,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^It was pretty early ( the clock on the ferris wheel says ~noon ).. and I think it was a sunday.. ( it's been awhile :) )

I remember the theme park slowly opening when we got there.. the arcades were barely open when I won some funny teddy bear in the "crane thingys" :)

And we were the only ones in the huge ferris wheel :lol:

·
Banned
1,694 Posts
I know that area well, there's even an amphitheatre as far as I remember.

Yokohama also has a distinct European area with eclectic architecture as well as a famous Chinatown.

·
Made in Turkey
3,399 Posts
Great pics Mr D... :eek:kay:

I've stayed at Yokohama for 3 weeks back in 2000... Have some great memories... The view from the top of the landmark tower(it had the fastest elevator when I was there) was beautiful, you could also spot Mt Fuji...

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Did you see the older part of city centre? It's got some lovely old architecture, some interesting styled stuff - a mixture of classical and art deco with a Japanese twist! They also have a wonderful Chinatown.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.