Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Lord of Legoland
10,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys... well this thread is a bit late.. you see we went for a one day trip to Yokohama from Tokyo back in 2005.. and unfortunatly it turned cloudy about 10 min's after we got there... and me and grey skies are certainly not friends... but I finally desided to post them anyway..

So here we go - Yokohama... well more like the Marina district.. :)

·
Banned
307 Posts
Were the pictures taken early in the morning? I hardly see any activities on them , just a few people that look lost .

·
Lord of Legoland
10,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^It was pretty early ( the clock on the ferris wheel says ~noon ).. and I think it was a sunday.. ( it's been awhile :) )

I remember the theme park slowly opening when we got there.. the arcades were barely open when I won some funny teddy bear in the "crane thingys" :)

And we were the only ones in the huge ferris wheel :lol:

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
I know that area well, there's even an amphitheatre as far as I remember.

Yokohama also has a distinct European area with eclectic architecture as well as a famous Chinatown.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Did you see the older part of city centre? It's got some lovely old architecture, some interesting styled stuff - a mixture of classical and art deco with a Japanese twist! They also have a wonderful Chinatown.

·
Lord of Legoland
10,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^Unfortunatly no... it was just a one day trip that was shortened down due to the weather...

It's certainly a city I will explore more the next time I go to Japan!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts