Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I know that this is rather random, but while browsing through Fail Blog's voting pages I came across this:

When I first saw that, my first thought was, "Bugis MRT?". I am not too sure, but the covered linkway in the background looks terribly familar; if I'm not wrong you can also see the next bus arrival information board up there, albeit not very clearly.

So... is this real? Can anyone go down there and verify that this set of security cameras are really installed there?

This really is overkill... surely one or two cameras are enough?

·
May the Force Be With You
2,606 Posts
OK, I know that this is rather random, but while browsing through...

When I first saw that, my first thought was, "Bugis MRT?". I am not too sure, but the covered linkway in the background looks terribly familar; if I'm not wrong you can also see the next bus arrival information board up there, albeit not very clearly.

So... is this real? Can anyone go down there and verify that this set of security cameras are really installed there?

This really is overkill... surely one or two cameras are enough?
Maybe these cameras are temporary before they add in nicer expensive CCTV cameras.

Maybe to supervise workers on Downtown Line to see contractors really working or not. Hahaha.

·
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm... I will be going down to the Esplanade tomorrow to collect something I ordered; maybe I will run by Bugis for dinner and might as well see it with my own eyes.

Anyway, whoever ordered this installed is either being over-paranoid, or is just wasting taxpayer's money.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Freak! Singapore's too security conscious.

The current number of security cameras are, I think, a little too much. But 6/7 in one support or 6/7 facing one location? Damn, that's really too much.

For a crowded location, that's maybe reasonable. But for an area of low commerce? That's too much and a possible waste of resources.

It can also be an eyesore and could potentially spoil the artwork of the station's design.

·
Banned
7,907 Posts
I can confirm the Raffles Place cameras at that exit aren't there as of last week. For the Joo Koon one, I think I know why but I won't mention it here. What I can tell you is that not all are actually cameras.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.