Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Chairman of the Bored
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Set for a 2010 release, MTV's "The Real World's" 23rd season will be filmed in none other than our own Washington DC. I'm not sure what the exact address of the house is, but you can bet that many of DC's young people will flock to it once they learn where it is. Who knows, if I see them filming around the streets I'll certainly try my best to get my head in there somehow then the audience will go "Who's that old dude?" :banana:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Its somewhere near Dupont circle I hear.

·
Chairman of the Bored
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm surprised they didn't get a house up near the hill or even georgetown. I guess they thought dupont was the 'happenin' place :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm guessing they wanted to be close to Adam's Morgan.

The nightlife scene there is rowdier than in Gtown and should make for better TV.

·
Chairman of the Bored
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They also better beef up security, Adams Morgan has been rather iffy lately.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
So, to get into a fight with those douchebags that always partake in shows like this one, I should head up to Adams Morgan ? ... ok...

·
Unregistered User
2,592 Posts
I'm surprised they didn't get a house up near the hill or even georgetown. I guess they thought dupont was the 'happenin' place :D
Im sure the one gay guy in the cast will be happy, but the bigot jock will hate it.

:)

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm not the least bit surprised. If you hang out in DC, you know that Dupont is pretty much where you start out. It's one of the neighborhood hubs of the city.

The Hill is too stereotypical, and it's simply a well-established, well-heeled neighborhood at this point. There's not a huge amount that screams "young, MTV-style" about it. Same with Georgetown. They're both gorgeous neighborhoods with tons to do and I'm sure you'll see both of them on the show, but Dupont is at the center of it all.

Dupont is the mixing bowl of the city. Well-established with a great, diverse community. It's not just gay--far from it. You find every type of person under the sun living in the area.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yeah, from Dupont you can walk to Adams Morgan, U-street, the emerging 14th st/Logan circle area, Columbia Heights, Woodley Park and Downtown. There are a lot of trendy clubs now around 14th and K. I'm sure they'll hit some of those. Even Georgetown is an easy walk.

Years ago I was in Seattle while they were filming. I never such an outpouring of hatred by local residents. Everywhere I went there were banners on buildings and signs outside of businesses saying that the Real World is not welcome.

Tonight they were filming in Dupont Circle by the fountain and gaggle of doe-eyed onlookers followed no matter where they went. Very odd.

·
Chairman of the Bored
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I hope it's not all gonna be bars and clubs and coffe houses and stuff like that, I hope they also focus on other businesses in the area; bookstores, antique stores, etc. Who knows, it might even help boost the local economy, thousands of real world fans from all over the world descending upon DC to visit these places and spend money on them.

·
Baltimore/DC Corridorite
587 Posts
I'm not the least bit surprised. If you hang out in DC, you know that Dupont is pretty much where you start out. It's one of the neighborhood hubs of the city.

The Hill is too stereotypical, and it's simply a well-established, well-heeled neighborhood at this point. There's not a huge amount that screams "young, MTV-style" about it. Same with Georgetown. They're both gorgeous neighborhoods with tons to do and I'm sure you'll see both of them on the show, but Dupont is at the center of it all.

Dupont is the mixing bowl of the city. Well-established with a great, diverse community. It's not just gay--far from it. You find every type of person under the sun living in the area.
i'm so glad it's in dupont, and not g-town or am. and dupont has the nice brownstones plus the daytime employment base plus a metro stop.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Dupont is where it needs to be and it's in a great house. There's no metro in G'town and it's not easy to walk to other places from there. Dupont is basically the no-brainer place to have it. Capitol Hill is pretty lame relatively speaking for people in their 20's. Dupont is nice and sophisticated but not trashy like Adams Morgan.

·
Chairman of the Bored
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
there should be a story arc where one of the straight members of the house accidentally wanders into one the gay clubs in dupont circle, that would be comedy gold! :lol:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts