·
INDIA
3,978 Posts

·
INDIA
3,978 Posts

·
12,049 Posts
I hope they focus on functionality more than design. Most of the larger and older stations in Japan are quite ordinary looking but they have fabulous user-friendly layouts and amenities.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
I hope they focus on functionality more than design. Most of the larger and older stations in Japan are quite ordinary looking but they have fabulous user-friendly layouts and amenities.
India design is best described as "kitschy".

We have a standard flowerpot mentality of design of public spaces especially transport. Poor designed area but will be garnished with loud paint, decorations and flowerpots.

·
12,049 Posts
Agree with the 'sarkari gamla' observation. The flowerpots are emblematic of half-hearted attempts to decorate poorly designed public spaces. Thankfully things are changing.

·
...soon in Canuckland
513 Posts
India design is best described as "kitschy".

We have a standard flowerpot mentality of design of public spaces especially transport. Poor designed area but will be garnished with loud paint, decorations and flowerpots.
Hahahahahah I spilt my coffee at the flower pot mentality. 😂 😆 Sarkari Gamla is even better. 🤣

·
Registered
3,038 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts

What a great tragedy. If land issues are not resolved GoI should accelerate the Delhi-Ahmedabad stretch
They just might (& they should).

Its pointless to expect any tangible on-ground growth/development in Maharashtra for the next 3-4 years till the feces flinging continues. Mumbai increasingly feels like a warzone every passing day.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts

5621 - 5640 of 5722 Posts