Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 636 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Created this thread to discuss the newly announced Mumbai Delhi Expressway. Here is the article extract from the news source:

------
Union Minister Nitin Gadkari today said a new express highway connecting Delhi and Mumbai will be built at a cost of Rs 1 lakh crore.

The transport and highways minister also talked about plans to build Chambal expressway that would be connected to the Delhi-Mumbai expressway. The Chambal expressway will benefit states like Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan.

Gadkari has announced development of a new highway alignment between Delhi and Mumbai, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways said in a statement.

"A sum of Rs 1 lakh crore will be spent on this expressway ...
------

Source: http://www.zeebiz.com/agencies/govt...highway-at-cost-of-rs-1-lakh-cr-gadkari-42977

:cheers:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Apparently Mumbai-Vadodara and Delhi-Jaipur expressways are part of it and being developed in phase-1. Jaipur- Ahmedabad will be developed in second phase. Also it will start from Dwarka expressway in Gurgaon. Tenders for dwarka expressway have been awarded and work is expected to start soon. Also tenders for sections of Mumbai- Vadodara have been awarded and land acquisition is going on for Delhi-Jaipur expressway. There is already a expressway between Ahmedabad and Vadodara, Don’t know whether it will be upgraded or there will be new alignment which is unlikely as there will be three parallel highway/ expressways then.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Chambal eway should run from nearby Indore. If that is the case, then Baroda to Indore bypass, interchange with Chambal eway, and then straight up till Kota, Tonk and Jaipur. This will be most beneficial to Madhya Pradesh northern regions, Bundelkhand and under developed areas of Rajasthan, and ultimately should be connected to Bundelkhand eway. Narmada eway should also have an interchange with this.
All these eways can be planned as if single unit of artifact so that costs can be cut by tweaking alignments and planning inter-eway exchanges in advance.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is already a expressway between Ahmedabad and Vadodara.
I doubt they will go left from Baroda and then right towards Madhya Pradesh. Ahd Baroda eway will remain as it is I think.

Its a monster multi eway project. And they say it can be done in 3 years! It heavily depends on one major factor - will BJP come back in 2019 - It seems highly doubtful as of now. If BJP does not comeback in 2019, this thread can be closed :) Sorry for being bit political here, no offense intended for other political parties, but the track record is very poor for nhai when it goes to non bjp govt.

·
Registered
617 Posts
As far as I remember, In his recent press conference Nitin Gadkari said that currently under construction vadodara Mumbai expressway is part of this highway... but from vadodara it won't go to Ahmadabad... it will pass through some underdeveloped areas of Gujarat, MP and Rajasthan, so that land acquisition will be much cheaper, because because land around vadodara Ahmadabad expressway and vadodara Ahmadabad national highway is very costly .... this new route from vadodara will benefit underdeveloped areas of MP, Rajasthan, and Gujarat... And land acquisition will be cheaper, which will benefit government

·
Registered
219 Posts
As far as I remember, In his recent press conference Nitin Gadkari said that currently under construction vadodara Mumbai expressway is part of this highway... but from vadodara it won't go to Ahmadabad... it will pass through some underdeveloped areas of Gujarat, MP and Rajasthan, so that land acquisition will be much cheaper, because because land around vadodara Ahmadabad expressway and vadodara Ahmadabad national highway is very costly .... this new route from vadodara will benefit underdeveloped areas of MP, Rajasthan, and Gujarat... And land acquisition will be cheaper, which will benefit government
Makes sense, Now i read somewhere that it'll pass through Kota. In that case alignment could be like Vadodara-Godhra-Banswara-Mandsaur-Kota-Jaipur.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Bear in mind the government has also mentioned that this expressway is going to reduce the distance between Bombay & Gurgaon (by 125 or 250 kms, dont remember this part) so alignment cant waver a lot from the current highways i guess.

Since it crosses Kota this expressway could be taking the Rajdhani route.

Bombay-Vadodara-(Halol-Godhra)-Ratlam-Kota-Sawai Madhopur- from where it will proceed towards Jaipur & onwards to Gurgaon instead of the Bharatpur- Mathura section that the Rajdhani takes.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update from Indian Express:
(From an interview to IE)
Q)How do you view the sectors you are in charge of now that you begin the last year?

A)See, some works are complete, while some are starting. One project that gives me a lot of happiness is the Rs 1 lakh-crore Delhi to Mumbai highway in which we have saved Rs 16000 cr in land acquisition. Instead of the Delhi-Ahmedabad-Surad-Vadodara-Mumbai alignment, we have fixed alignment of Delhi-Jaipur-Alwar-Sawai Madhopur-and then Madhya pradesh and Gujarat to reach Mumbai. Naturally, with this alignment, we have brought down the cost of land of the project to around Rs 80 lakh per hectare from Rs 7 crore per hectare. And I am happy to say that works worth Rs 45,000 crore on this highway will start in 15 days.

Q)Will this ever come true or are these just your dreams?

A)Nitin Gadkari never spins dreams. Today I have issued work orders of five packages related to this project between Vadodara and Mumbai. And by December the entire work will be in full swing. We have constructed the ring road (around Delhi) in 500 days. The 14 lane road work would have taken 30 months, but it has taken around 12-14 months. And all the projects like the Zojila pass tunnel (in Jammu and Kashmir) have been executed with much lower cost. We have saved 10 to 12 per cent of the cost in all the projects through execution. The Zojila tunnel alone has saved Rs 1600 crore. And all these projects are transparent, corruption-free and time-bound.

·
No frills attached.
1,869 Posts
This sounds great, if it comes true.

Frankly, I am not so worried if more than one expressways are end up build which can connect two major cities like Mumbai & Delhi. The two roads should run through different cities/urban centres for them to be vaible.

The US has a huge network of interstate highways. Depending on factors like the day, personal preference, cost of the toll riders can choose to take one route or other to travel between same cities.

·
Registered
260 Posts
so looks like land acquisition is completed for the project already?
Not entirely. Its in progress in Gujarat at places & in Maharashtra though some initial processes have apparently begun that moron's MNS is doing all it can to be a thorn.

Infact i read a very funny piece of news today. It was apparently Thackrey's son's birthday yesterday & he was given a cake that looked like a Bullet Train.
He cut it and they applauded to basically send a signal that they intend to do all they can to be a royal pain in the rectum. What a bunch of imbeciles.

·
Complex Equation
6,783 Posts
this is a greenfield expressway and vadodara-mumbai incidentally will be part of it

1 - 20 of 636 Posts