SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 2248 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
is there any construction pictures available? I heard many supertall news about India but all end up with nothing. :(

btw, what is height of the tallest building in India for now? Thanks!

·
Industrial Twilight
1,097 Posts
That's a crazy design, it's interesting though. I think this will be an excellent tower upon it's completion. We need some abstract structures nowadays.

·
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter
10,128 Posts
it has a unique design, but not really my taste :(

good news for india in getting a supertall!!

·
means tortoise in malay
2,576 Posts
did the authorities change the law for this? coz if i am not mistaken there is a law that prevents the construction of skyscapers. That explains y they is no tall buildings in india.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I think is a interesting design not weird hence making it a instant landmark.

Also it will stand out when & if other towers are built around it.

The location to me suggests very near Chowpatty Beach/Marine Drive?

I been eagerly waiting for the arrival of a supertall in Mumbai as it deserves & suits to have the title of a supertall when other cities are proposing such tall buildings.

Mumbai is the Queen of highrises in India and may it continue to be! :cheers:
And now off the supertalls as well iff the quality off further supertalls is just as high as this one is because this one is beautifull!!!!

·
Rakyat Enggak Jelas
839 Posts
'mumbai deserve alot tall building like this..

look nice btw i like it

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
did the authorities change the law for this? coz if i am not mistaken there is a law that prevents the construction of skyscapers. That explains y they is no tall buildings in india.
Owing to the lack of development in infrastructure, lack of space, and a whole lot of red tape, Mumbai had some incredibly, incredibly restrictive FSI limits folr skyscrapers.

With infrastructure development, and land made available from slum- and industiral mill-land redevelopment and rehousing schemes, plus the skyrocketing land values, Mumbai is becoming increasingly vertical.

wow! thrilling...
India and Mumbai breaks into the supertall league. We were loitering with the 40 and 50 floor ones for quite sometime now...first the Imperial Towers and now the Hyatt!

waiting for the magic number 100 floors
Actually, Hyderabad, probably the most dynamic city in India (skyscraper wise) may very well juts beat Mumbai to it!

The city govt recently announced that will be one of the focal nodes of their skyscraper-district, a 100-plus skyscraper surrounded by ten to twelve 30-storey-minimum towers, will commence construction in June and will be ready by 2010. There are 2 companies shortlisted in that project, and the winners will be chosen soon (and hopefully renderings thereupon released.) Architect Hafeez Contractor (who designed Imperial Towers) is one of the judges on the final architecture design.

Mumbai may very quickly loose its status as the skyscraper city of the Subcontinent! (Hopefully putting more pressure on them to build an even taller tower!) Big times indeed for India.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I don't usually like this kind of building, but this is definently an exception! WOW! Great for Mumbai and India!

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Can't say I fancy the design...but that's just my personal taste. Nonetheless - glad to see Mumbai getting supertalls finally!

·
Registered
583 Posts
cant stop being attracted to this building! so happy India has started with the construction of skysrapers, although they are not tipically indian.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Owing to the lack of development in infrastructure, lack of space, and a whole lot of red tape, Mumbai had some incredibly, incredibly restrictive FSI limits folr skyscrapers.

With infrastructure development, and land made available from slum- and industiral mill-land redevelopment and rehousing schemes, plus the skyrocketing land values, Mumbai is becoming increasingly vertical.

Actually, Hyderabad, probably the most dynamic city in India (skyscraper wise) may very well juts beat Mumbai to it!

The city govt recently announced that will be one of the focal nodes of their skyscraper-district, a 100-plus skyscraper surrounded by ten to twelve 30-storey-minimum towers, will commence construction in June and will be ready by 2010. There are 2 companies shortlisted in that project, and the winners will be chosen soon (and hopefully renderings thereupon released.) Architect Hafeez Contractor (who designed Imperial Towers) is one of the judges on the final architecture design.

Mumbai may very quickly loose its status as the skyscraper city of the Subcontinent! (Hopefully putting more pressure on them to build an even taller tower!) Big times indeed for India.

Hi, I've been attracted by this picture. I quite like. Where did you get it (can I ask)? It transforms Mumbai in a sombre and grand city.

21 - 40 of 2248 Posts