SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 2248 Posts

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Hi, I've been attracted by this picture. I quite like. Where did you get it (can I ask)? It transforms Mumbai in a sombre and grand city.
Hi

The photo was taken by Humayunn N A Peerzaada. Here are some more Mumbai pics by him

Cheers,
Jai

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
The project was only formally launched two weeks ago. Both the article and the archiect claim that it's broken ground, but we don't have any u/c photos. The plot where this is being built isn't exactly accessable, so I doubt we'll be able to get construction photos until the building is at least several storeys high.

·
can the can
1,145 Posts
Nice design. But it is very, very close to the Worli seafront. I hope Worli doesn't get too built up. I really prefer the low-rise character - especially the lovely art deco apartment blocks.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Here's another rendering of the tower, and a blurb from AIArchitect Magazine:

...FXFowle is one such international player. They established a representative office in Dubai about a year ago. Peter Weingarten, AIA, FXFowle’s director of international architecture, says many of his clients are interested in the energy-efficient aspects of high-density vertical development. One such project is FXFowle’s India Tower in Mumbai, which uses a solar chimney to generate electricity, provides on-site wastewater reclamation, and is LEED®-Gold certified. Without the current climate of rampant and volatile high-rise development, the silver 85-story tower would be universally recognized as India’s next tallest building, but now, Weingarten says, not even this visionary project can claim the subcontinent with any great certainty.

Weingarten’s vision of India Tower’s transformative potential is emblematic of developers in many emerging nations. “It will have a much more intangible effect than just another big building, and then it will spur more development around it,” he says. “It becomes a magnet and a center, and if enough of these dots start to get created and they start to become connected into a network, you can really start to see some dramatic changes in the landscape of Mumbai and India.”...

edit- and another:

·
can the can
1,145 Posts
Great News. Bombay seafront was in desperate need of SuperTall & they are finally getting it. All Glass too.
Why was it in desperate need? It's actually nice to have low-rise near the sea and highrise a bit further back. Worli seafront could be much better but I'm still not sure that lining it with skyscrapers is such a great thing.

41 - 60 of 2248 Posts