SkyscraperCity banner

28481 - 28500 of 28715 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Heard from a source that black/dark grey underbelly cladding for Bamandongri station is almost complete and it looks too good! Are there any other metros in India that have underbelly cladding on their stations?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Heard from a source that black/dark grey underbelly cladding for Bamandongri station is almost complete and it looks too good! Are there any other metros in India that have underbelly cladding on their stations?

L7

Cladding below Bandongri stn
Yes. It’s almost done and looks like a false ceiling.

·
Registered
371 Posts
i hate to be that guy but this is like open invitation to pigeons/birds and eventually, more dirt and grime under the false ceiling.

No it won’t be. What you see up there is support bracing for structure. I don’t see any gaps where these flying rats would go and nest or rest. When I passed by it last week it look completely sealed. I am sure most of the new construction nowadays counts on pigeon infestation.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
MMRDA has achieved yet another milestone with the launching of the 408th U Girder which makes the CA-02 cumulatively 1452 elements completed out of 1478. This Metro Line 7 U Girder was launched in the presence of Director of Projects, Chief Engineer & Addl. Chief Engineer.

@MMRDAOfficial

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
Well - only time will tell and prove them wrong. For those who say so have no idea about how much convenience Metro will bring to people. Look at the VAG line. It is already full with just 11 km.

·
Rise to follow the dark
3,040 Posts

@SumeetBadgujar

It indicates this govt.is not interested in future metro projects as they want to divert funds to their constituencies....
Does govt not know that generally metros aren't money-making ventures even after clearing loan interests?

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Jayant Patil and other mahavikas aghadi ministers shall be given one month Churchgate-Virar, CSMT-Karjat, CSMT-Kasara IInd Class local passes and force them to travel for a one month................ no such statements will come in future

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Mumbai: 'Rent a cycle' launched at Jagruti Nagar Metro station; 45 rides reported on day 1

The GPS enabled bicycles are available on rent at a reasonable price of Rs two per hour.

On day one, 45 people rented cycles from Jagruti Nagar metro station lending a good response to the newly launched transport service in Mumbai.

Arjit Soni, Founder of MYBYK, which has provided the cycle service in collaboration with MMRDA and Metro one authority said, "Though 45 rides noted on day one while the received enquiries were much more. I believe now people will think and frame their mind and accordingly rent the cycles. Moreover, I strongly feel in coming week more bicycles needs to be provided at the said station."

Currently MYBYK has provided 50 cycles at Jagruti Nagar metro station and started the service on a pilot project basis here. Soon it plans to begin the cycle service at all 11 stations of Metro one. Soni added that apart from the existing Metro one authority they also received calls from railways and other upcoming metro project authorities expressing their interest in this concept.

The GPS enabled bicycles are available on rent at a reasonable price of Rs two per hour. Interested ones can hire the cycles using MYBYK App. The self-guide app help commuters for unlocking the bicycles using GPRS to avail the service.

A Twitter user Subesh Bhattacharjee appreciated the authorities for starting the cycle service. He tweeted, "It's a great move by MMRDA in promoting bicycle ride for daily commuters in Mumbai. I clicked these pictures in Jagruti Nagar metro station and downloaded the app #mybyk. It's a little contribution that we can make towards the environment and our fitness.#getbacktocycling."

freepressjournal

·
Registered
296 Posts

@SumeetBadgujar

It indicates this govt.is not interested in future metro projects as they want to divert funds to their constituencies....
I'm not a supporter of the current government but kindly not jump to conclusions based on a meme with a title created by someone. Jayant Patil is quoting Nagpur metro here and maybe Pune metro in future. Everyone knows how important Mumbai metro is going to be. Also he may have a point here. Metro is not always viable for Tier 2 cities except for very high volume routes. Light rail is a better and cheaper option. Here's the full article:

https://indianexpress.com/article/cities/pune/maharashtra-due-to-poor-ridership-metro-may-end-up-being-white-elephant-for-statesays-jayant-patil-6280456/

·
INDIA
3,669 Posts

·
INDIA
3,669 Posts
28481 - 28500 of 28715 Posts