SkyscraperCity banner

28501 - 28520 of 28715 Posts

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
I'm not a supporter of the current government but kindly not jump to conclusions based on a meme with a title created by someone. Jayant Patil is quoting Nagpur metro here and maybe Pune metro in future. Everyone knows how important Mumbai metro is going to be. Also he may have a point here. Metro is not always viable for Tier 2 cities except for very high volume routes. Light rail is a better and cheaper option. Here's the full article:

https://indianexpress.com/article/cities/pune/maharashtra-due-to-poor-ridership-metro-may-end-up-being-white-elephant-for-statesays-jayant-patil-6280456/
Despite BHC & SC allowed MMRCL to construct metro car shed in Aarey, this govt. stayed depot construction in aarey. So, who will trust these b******s? not understood the logic of tier 1,2,3 cities, but its right time for cities like Nagpur, Pune to have metro system, because once city gets congested, over populated it will face lots of problems to built (Mumbai metro is a great example)

·
Vivek Singh
1,353 Posts
I'm not a supporter of the current government but kindly not jump to conclusions based on a meme with a title created by someone. Jayant Patil is quoting Nagpur metro here and maybe Pune metro in future. Everyone knows how important Mumbai metro is going to be. Also he may have a point here. Metro is not always viable for Tier 2 cities except for very high volume routes. Light rail is a better and cheaper option. Here's the full article:

https://indianexpress.com/article/cities/pune/maharashtra-due-to-poor-ridership-metro-may-end-up-being-white-elephant-for-statesays-jayant-patil-6280456/
Infrastructure investment is done while keeping future in mind. Nagpur and Jaipur Metros may not have many passengers right now but they are going to affect the growth of the city.

More property development (both commercial and residential) will take place in the catchment area of the metro.

8-9 people die everyday on the Mumbai locals. Should every city become so dangerous for commuting before we start investing in urban infrastructure?

If government had build a Metro system in Mumbai in 1960s (it would have been a while elephant then), so many people wouldn't have lost their lives.

·
Registered
164 Posts
SSCity folks, time to replace numbers with colours in conversations.
LINE 1 - Blue
LINE 2 - Yellow
LINE 3 - Aqua
LINE 4 - Green
LINE 6 - Pink
LINE 7 - Red

·
Vivek Singh
1,353 Posts
SSCity folks, time to replace numbers with colours in conversations.
LINE 1 - Blue
LINE 2 - Yellow
LINE 3 - Aqua
LINE 4 - Green
LINE 6 - Pink
LINE 7 - Red
Source?

I'm not aware of any notification about line colours.

Please share (reshare??) any link that you may have.

Thanks.

·
Registered
164 Posts
They've changed names of many stations follow their Twitter handle @mmrdaofficial
Line 5 will be orange line
i think they named Line1 as blue line by default because of MMOPL|Reliance theme.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
28501 - 28520 of 28715 Posts