1 - 20 of 742 Posts

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Floors: 66
Height: 320 (Possibly higher)
Use: Residential

Coffman Engineers are the structural engineers of this project. Info on their website:

Mumbai Residential High-Rise Tower

Upscale residential super high-rise tower (80+ stories tall) in Mumbai (Bombay) India, a city where real estate prices are among the highest in the world. The building, which will offer super luxury apartments with all amenities for residents, is claimed by some to become the tallest building in India when the structure is completed in late 2009. The structural system consists of high strength concrete shear walls, columns, beams and slabs supported by a mat foundation pinned by rock anchors. There will be four to five basement levels, used mostly for parking. Coffman Engineers has been selected by the owners to evaluate and optimize the lateral force resisting system, including the introduction of damping devices, to enhance the performance of the building in earthquakes and in response to wind loading.

·
status imminent
254 Posts
Agreed. and it's ugly as well.

·
2cloudsabove9
370 Posts
Yes we all know its hideous :( so we don't need a 100 comments saying the same thing.

About the height, the builder said it would be 320.
no need to get so defensive-but please explain why such gaudy buildings are being approved in India

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think the design looks great! It's definitely not your typical high-rise design.
Wow, you really like it.

no need to get so defensive-but please explain why such gaudy buildings are being approved in India
I dunno. Mumbai has several other supertall projects and all have much, much better designs. btw, I wasn't being defensive, I also don't like it.

·
Urban Designer
1,150 Posts
I particularly hate how its just sat in a big blank space - probably a car park. What a horrible development to have to live near or walk by - contributes nothing to the streets around it - just a flow of cars in and out. Depressing

1 - 20 of 742 Posts