SkyscraperCity banner

1701 - 1720 of 9817 Posts

·
9,423 Posts
Jubin said:
this changes their budget to ~ 3100 crore still greater than last year's budget but nowhere near ~6000 crore that was published in the papers nor the ~4970 crore that you suggest.
You forgot to add the other sources of moolah that account to the 4970cr figure I came up with.

from post #1677-

besides a loan of Rs403 crores for MUTP from the World Bank, Rs503 crores loan recovery from seven municipal corporations and 13 municipal councils which come under MMR, the Rs60-crore grant under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM), Rs50 crore as contribution of MCGM and Railways towards Station Area Traffic Improvement Scheme (SATIS) and Rs721 crore through other revenue sources. According to the chief minister, the income from the sale of land will be utilised for providing the basic infrastructure facilities in MMR.

Even if they sell the remaining land for 800cr instead of 1430 as you say, still their budget will be around 4340cr.

·
The Don
285 Posts
renderings of a proposed commercial tower by DB Realty -

According to their revamped website, it's named "DB Towers" and it's a residential tower in the Bandra-Kurla complex. That can't be true since there is a height limit in the BKC and besides no one builds residential bungalows/towers there. Plus there's another project by them which goes by the same name which suggests that the website designer screwed up and meanwhile gave us the renderings of an upcoming project ;)
^^
Great work once again brother.

Yeah ur definately right the designer screwed up hard. lol. assuming this building is coming up, i think it could possibly be happening next to India Tower on Marine Lines. I remember a few weeks ago a forumer said he saw an add on an inflight magazine on Emirates, and he mentioned a 80story swanky tower being built by DB Realty ON MARINE LINES!!...just a guess, but that could be it??

I knw that DB Realty is also involved with the India Tower project, but the guy who saw the render of the building on the magazine said it looked nothing like India Tower. anyway lets just wait n see...

·
9,423 Posts
assuming this building is coming up, i think it could possibly be happening next to India Tower on Marine Lines. I remember a few weeks ago a forumer said he saw an add on an inflight magazine on Emirates, and he mentioned a 80story swanky tower being built by DB Realty...just a guess, but that could be it??

Awesome, this has to be the one that fellow member Bangalore saw in the Emirates magazine. Here's what he had said -

Saw a full page ad in Emirates airlines's inflight magazine yesterday (I was flying back from Sao Paulo via Dubai) that shows the diagram of a large new proposed tower in Marine Lines called DB or DP Tower.. The ad from DP or DB Realty (sorry, I can't exactly recollect the name) says "do you want to be a part of the changing skyline of India?".. The tower looked at least 80 floors high to me.

Not sure if the regular Mumbai forumers know more about this project..
Now is there a way someone can get hold of this magazine which goes by the name of "open skies"?

·
The Don
285 Posts
Awesome, this has to be the one that fellow member Bangalore saw in the Emirates magazine. Here's what he had said -

Now is there a way someone can get hold of this magazine which goes by the name of "open skies"?

well assuming that u dont wanna becoming an air steward...these guys are the publishers...
http://www.motivatepublishing.com/mediakits/article.asp?ArticleCode=ART00510

i see if i can get them to verify...

or better still lets just as the main man him self...Bangalore...

·
Registered
366 Posts
Dharavi project: Final bidding begins

The final phase of bidding for the much-delayed Dharavi Redevelopment Project kicked off on Friday with the government issuing bid documents to 19 shortlisted consortia of realty firms. These firms will now submit their financial bids and designs for the redevelopment of the 223-hectare sprawl of prime real estate by mid-March.
The 19 consortia in the running include companies like Dubai-based Limitless, DLF, Magarpatta Township Development & Construction Company, Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Engineering Associates Pvt Ltd, L&T, Indiabulls, HDIL and Emaar MGF.

The 19 consortia were pre-qualified from the 26 who had placed their technical bids, all evaluated on the basis of various criteria including a minimum annual turnover of Rs 2,560 million and a minimum net worth of Rs 3,070 million

Meanwhile, a biometrics-based Baseline Socio-Economic Survey of all households in the Central Mumbai slum is still underway.

Seeking to transform the slum into a developed township of five self-sustained sectors, each equipped with schools, medical centers, recreational activities, gardens and jogging tracks, the project will allow winning bidders to sell 133 sq feet of built up space for every 100 sq feet used to rehabilitate about 57,000 families living in the slum and eligible for free homes.
Links:
http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/Dharavi-project-Final-bidding-begins/270941/
http://onlybombay.blogspot.com/2008/02/dharavi-makeover.html (according to this article, the current end date for the project is 2013.)

·
9,423 Posts
well assuming that u dont wanna becoming an air steward...these guys are the publishers...
http://www.motivatepublishing.com/mediakits/article.asp?ArticleCode=ART00510

i see if i can get them to verify...

or better still lets just as the main man him self...Bangalore...
I was planning to call the local Emirates office up and ask if I could buy it from them or something. I just PMed Bangalore, so lets see what he says. He last came online on Mar16.

anyhow since we definitely need the rendering of the building, lets hope motivate publishing cooperates with us or else I'll just call emirates up and see what we can do.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
^^I knw that DB Realty is also involved with the India Tower project, but the guy who saw the render of the building on the magazine said it looked nothing like India Tower. anyway lets just wait n see...
Hot damn, you're right Nitro! I'd totally overlooked that!

~80 floors, eh? It'd look beautiful next to India tower

Too early to break out the champagne? :cheers:

·
Registered
11,254 Posts
Unconscious Focus, that's a good update... . Am just waiting once the development project kicks off. I think everyone's eyes will be on the project and everyone would want to see how can they make the Dharavi area look good out of the slums...

·
axw11.wordpress.com
159 Posts
Source: http://in.reuters.com/article/businessNews/idINIndia-32567720080319

Three groups shortlisted for India monorail - papers

KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - Three bidders have been shortlisted for a $1.6 billion monorail project in Mumbai, India, including India's Larsen & Toubro and Malaysian partner Scomi Engineering, newspapers said on Wednesday.

The other shortlisted bidders are a consortium led by Canada's Bombardier and a group including India's Reliance Energy and Japan's Hitachi group, the Star and Business Times newspapers of Malaysia said.

The three groups were among seven original bidders for the project in Mumbai, a city of about 15 million people, they said.

The monorail system would run through four corridors and carry about 10,000 passengers an hour during peak traffic to ease congestion in the city, the Star newspaper said.

Final bids must be submitted by May, with construction scheduled to start in June this year and continue for two years, the Business Times said. The contract would be let over 30 years on a build-operate-transfer basis, the dailies said.

Both newspapers quoted unnamed sources.

·
9,423 Posts
That Dharavi article is from February. If you guys check out the posts made in early feb, you'd find more info and graphics posted by Sumeet and MS. The real renderings and plans made by the developers will take atleast another 9-12 or more months.

Now who was that, that ordered some cooked fried Imperial towers?

UPDATE: Feb10,13
Copyright MPE

·
Registered
11,254 Posts
The real renderings and plans made by the developers will take atleast another 9-12 or more months.
And the work won't start until the next two years and won't end within next 7-8 years.... Phew...

·
Registered
424 Posts
That Dharavi article is from February. If you guys check out the posts made in early feb, you'd find more info and graphics posted by Sumeet and MS. The real renderings and plans made by the developers will take atleast another 9-12 or more months.

Now who was that, that ordered some cooked fried Imperial towers?

UPDATE: Feb10,13
Copyright MPE

hasnt it been like 10 years already..?

·
India Waiting
928 Posts

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
the green belts are elevated walkways, or skywalks as they seem to be called in bombay. the road is at ground level and the walkway above it. seems silly, but thats what the plan looks like

1701 - 1720 of 9817 Posts