SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
meow
9,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I'm just back from a trip through Europe in the last 20 days. On the trip I started in Munich, to which this thread is dedicated, and continued into other cities in Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Spain and Portugal.

About Munich, well, it is a beautiful city, but I'm not a fan of it especially because the first time I visited it, when people were extremely rude to me. But this time it was time for Oktoberfest, or Wies'n, as they call it. It was the two hundredth edition and there were MANY people!

Well, let's stop talking and let's take a glance at the pics:

1 - On the arrival I went straight to the Oktoberfest. This is the tent of Löwenbräu

2 - Paulaner

3 - At the end of the day, in the Augustiner tent (great beer by the way)

4 - Saturday evening, it was crowded!

5 - Karlsplatz

8 - Walking towards Marienplatz

11 - Hirmer, apparently a traditional department store

12 - Frauenkirche

13 - City Hall in Marienplatz

15 - Isartor area

17 - If I'm not mistaken this is the square of Hofbräuhaus

20 - Near the City Hall

21 - Old city hall

22 - Frauenkirche

24 - Back to the Oktoberfest, now in the afternoon to take pictures. This is the tent of Spaten

25 - Hofbräuhaus Tent

27 - Paulaner

30 - Augustiner

31 - Auf wiedersehen!

33 - Königsplatz

36 - Near Residenz

40 - Marienplatz at dusk

And that's it! ;)

·
Registered
meow
9,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanx for the pics of my hometown.
how many mass did you drink ?
have you enjoyed your trip ?
As far as I could count, at least 4 in the first night heheh. The trip was awesome and the Oktoberfest was definitely a highlight!

·
Registered
meow
9,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^ In some ways. We were having an ice cream in Marienplatz and we had bought it in a place that also sold food and drinks. Thing is, one was not allowed to sit on the tables if having and ice cream, but only if eating or drinking something. We had not seen the sign on the table and all of a sudden the lady came up and started yellowing at us. Polite people would just say "could you please leave because this this and that?" ...

And in the train station we went to the wrong information counter to ask for hotel information. The lady over there pointed the 2 exits (one at each side) and said "did you search there?". Come on, why be so ironic?!

This got both of us, me and my dad, reeeally pissed off. We had another episode in the Hofbräuhaus, but I don't remember it so clearly.

·
Premium member
9,954 Posts
Yes, Munich would be such a nice place without the native population. Didn't like the people there either. Probably the most arrogant people you can find in Germany.

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
Yes, Munich would be such a nice place without the native population. Didn't like the people there either. Probably the most arrogant people you can find in Germany.
:eek:hno: I disagree with that ...

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
All of Deutschland completely rüles and München is certainly no exception!
Prost brüderlein trink! :cheers:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Nice photos but i prefer the north of Germany because of the attitude.Southern Germany has maybe the better preserved old cities but you know they are so different.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts