SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love Jacksonville Florida and I want to move there from Los Angeles but the one thing that worries me is the murder rate there. I recently saw on the news that jacksonville has had over 50 murders this year and that worries me on my move there. I'm an african american I grew up in Los Angeles and i'm sure y'all have heard about our murder rate ours is crazy too here not to mention we have more gangs than any state. Can anybody comment on the murder rate in Jacksonville because I'm seeing murders in the suburbs there also.

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
^ Soul your a pathetic liar and you have issues.....

Everyone this cat is lying don't believe a word he says. He told us in the LA Forum he had move to Atlanta and all sudden struck it big in the music business. Now he claims he is still in LA, C'mon gimme a break!!!!! :bash:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ferneynism said:
^ Soul your a pathetic liar and you have issues.....

Everyone this cat is lying don't believe a word he says. He told us in the LA Forum he had move to Atlanta and all sudden struck it big in the music business. Now he claims he is still in LA, C'mon gimme a break!!!!! :bash:
I do live in atlanta I also live in LA also I have a home there my crew is still in the west I'm there producing their album and then I'm moving for your info I just put my home in the san fernando valley on sale because I want to move to jacksonville I love the Atl but After my visit to j'ville I fell in love with it. And yes even though I hate LA I will always have tides here due to the artist i produce here.

·
SoHo
1,039 Posts
Where the hell is this sh** coming from? How does this add to the subject "murder rate in J'Ville"? What does it take to keep the personal sh** personal? :bash:

Jacksonville has the highest murder rate when compared by ratio to other cities in our state (this year); but the odds of being a statistic in Jacksonville are immeasurably lower when compared to the statistical murder rate in LA.

Don't let that be the determining factor when considering a move to Jacksonville. From what I've heard it's a great place to live.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Lake: I agree. Basically, almost all of the murders in Jacksonville involve domestic disputes or the drug trade. Other than drugs/gangs, I dont think very many people get randomly killed. So, as long as you obey the law, you shouldnt have any trouble in Jacksonville. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RiversideGator said:
Lake: I agree. Basically, almost all of the murders in Jacksonville involve domestic disputes or the drug trade. Other than drugs/gangs, I dont think very many people get randomly killed. So, as long as you obey the law, you shouldnt have any trouble in Jacksonville. :)
I should be cool then because I don't use drugs or sell drugs or drink I just mind my own business and just focus on doing my music.

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
soulbro said:
I should be cool then because I don't use drugs or sell drugs or drink I just mind my own business and just focus on doing my music.

^ Then you shouldn't have a problem living anywhere, even LA!!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Lakelander said:
Stay away from domestic disputes and drugs and you'll be okay.
This is not entirely true. While I understand the generalization of what you are saying, many times innocent people live around people who sell and deal drugs. These innocent people become enveloped in this horrible mushroom cloud and can become a causualty of the volient idiotic behavior circulating around it.

Regardless of where you live to think you are out of harms way is careless. I personally cannot give a definitive solution to stop the slaughter, but as a whole everyone must be aware and involved in some way to help everyone feel and be safe as possible.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Jacksonvilles murder rate includes ALL of the metros roughest neighborhooods where as most other cities do not. Miami's murder rate is based on nothing but 40 something square miles. Just as city population is arbitrary in nature, so too is murder rates between cities.

The gentrification of a formerly crime ridden neighborhood in the urban core has pushed many criminals further north into other gang filled territories and that has accounted for a very large percentage of the current years murder rate increase due.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I still say jacksonville is one hell of a city I love it there. Maybe I can help with my music if I can help the local artist there become successful and get youngsters who are struggling and have some talent an opportunity to make it in the music field that can cut down some of the murder rate. I also hope to open centers for kids to focus on learning trades and helping them as they get older to start their own business. When I visit J'ville I met a lot of individuals owning their own businesses. It's all about giving back and thats what I want to do especially with me being a african american I feel in J'ville I can make a difference and thats what I want to do help the youth because many of them are at the center of the murder rate I always follow the events in jacksonville. And for african americans in J'ville I say check out the site www.blacksonville.com. But I'm cool with everybody and I want to give props to the ricans in j'ville they were real cool with me when I visit they are cool people and I also met some cool white people there who were real friendly which shocked me because of what I heard about the city people was telling me it was some racist ******** there I'm sure they exist in J'ville but where I was at it was no problems and it was a mixed neighborhood and it was a great vibe there I just love that city.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts