SkyscraperCity banner

481 - 500 of 590 Posts

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
So Chicago, London and Seattle don't have serious downtowns? Or they do, but you just think they shouldn't have ferris wheels?
QuantumX:), Our SSC Friendly Family North American Cities Moderator and # Miami Friend To Everyone:banana:, Could Be Right, IMO , Is Right , lol, Just Think to your self for 3 Minites DeeDub:), Our SSC Friendly Family Florida Female Forum Friend:banana:, What comes to your mind about Height's in Downtown Miami ??, The Miami SkyLift, the Large White Balloon that went bankrupt because nobody was paying such a High price to just go up 500 Feet just to see the front of the Towers, also Chicago, London, and Seattle Have Larger Metro MSA Populations and No Hurricanes to blow the Wheel off it's Axis, although They Call Chicago " The Windy City " but they named it way back in the 1800's when the wind blew the small fire set by a Cow west of the City Of Chicago into a Large Fire by Wind through the Whole city East to the Lake where the residents jumped into the water:eek:hno:
What I'm trying to say here DeeDub:), The Miami SkyRise Observation Tower ( The Rouse Company ) That Built and Owns " The Bayside Marketplace " and Built and Owns Baltimore, Maryland's , " The HarborPlace Marketplace " Also Built The Baltimore Observation Tower at 690 Feet IMO and Was ans Still Is a Huge Success for 10 Bucks a Person, It's full on Tourist Days of the year there !!:cheers:
And DeeDub, Just a little add here, True The 3 Cities you mention do have " Serious " Downtown's, More People per square mile in all 3 Cities than Miami which is lower people per square mile IMO
I Say Just Enjoy the Tallest SuperTall Structure In Miami Till 2020 at Least !!:):lol:
and
Let's Go Miami SkyRise Cranes !!:banana:

·
Miami at Night Book
2,303 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
QuantumX:), Our SSC Friendly Family North American Cities Moderator and # Miami Friend To Everyone:banana:, Could Be Right, IMO , Is Right , lol, Just Think to your self for 3 Minites DeeDub:), Our SSC Friendly Family Florida Female Forum Friend:banana:, What comes to your mind about Height's in Downtown Miami ??, The Miami SkyLift, the Large White Balloon that went bankrupt because nobody was paying such a High price to just go up 500 Feet just to see the front of the Towers, also Chicago, London, and Seattle Have Larger Metro MSA Populations and No Hurricanes to blow the Wheel off it's Axis, although They Call Chicago " The Windy City " but they named it way back in the 1800's when the wind blew the small fire set by a Cow west of the City Of Chicago into a Large Fire by Wind through the Whole city East to the Lake where the residents jumped into the water:eek:hno:
What I'm trying to say here DeeDub:), The Miami SkyRise Observation Tower ( The Rouse Company ) That Built and Owns " The Bayside Marketplace " and Built and Owns Baltimore, Maryland's , " The HarborPlace Marketplace " Also Built The Baltimore Observation Tower at 690 Feet IMO and Was ans Still Is a Huge Success for 10 Bucks a Person, It's full on Tourist Days of the year there !!:cheers:
And DeeDub, Just a little add here, True The 3 Cities you mention do have " Serious " Downtown's, More People per square mile in all 3 Cities than Miami which is lower people per square mile IMO
I Say Just Enjoy the Tallest SuperTall Structure In Miami Till 2020 at Least !!:):lol:
and
Let's Go Miami SkyRise Cranes !!:banana:
I'm not sure what the size of Seattle's, Chicago's and London's downtowns have to do with ferris wheels or SkyRise. And it's not really true that Seattle has a bigger downtown than Miami's, although I guess it depends on how one measures "downtown."

Miami may have fewer people per square mile overall as a city, but I don't the population density "downtown" is less (or much less) than Seattle's. again, I guess it depends on how you are measuring "downtown."

The truth is that these tourist trap observation towers are big business. To go to the top of the Seattle Space Needle, which is only a little over 600 feet high, costs $26 for an adult. And it gets over $1 million visitors per year and draws many people to the other nearby attractions who wouldn't otherwise bother going to that area. PortMiami gets 4 million cruise passengers per year and SkyRise will be only a few hundred yards away. I'd bet that a very large percentage of cruise passengers will make a stop there before or after their cruise.

And I don't think may people think of Miami SkyLift at all. At least I don't.

·
4,114 Posts

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article4002920.html

Miami’s Frost Science Museum construction nearing key milestones
BY HANNAH SAMPSON
[email protected]

The planetarium at the Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science soon will look like a gleaming white orb rather than the lower half of a giant gray ball. And the Gulf Stream Tank aquarium finally looks like something that will eventually hold 500,000 gallons of water.

Nearly three years after breaking ground — and six months after replacing its former construction management company with Skanska USA — the museum is hitting some key milestones as the finish line starts to inch into view.

“It’s an extremely exciting time to witness everything that’s going on,” said Victor Alvarez, vice chair and secretary of the museum’s board of trustees.

Workers finished pouring the roof deck on the north building of the complex earlier this month. Next week, work is scheduled to start enclosing the planetarium dome, a process that will take about two weeks.

And sometime in mid-December, contractors expect to be able to pour the concrete for the giant aquarium that will become one of the $300 million museum’s key attractions. To complete that step, workers will need to work out the logistics of bringing in 140 trucks of concrete for a continuous flow (and work around traffic that might be heading to events at nearby performing arts or sports venues).

“It’ll be a well orchestrated, all-night event into the following morning and day,” said chief operating officer Frank Steslow.

Museum officials are aiming to open the new building in Museum Park by early summer 2016.
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article4002920.html#storylink=cpy

·
4,114 Posts
Reactions: ChuckScraperMiami#1

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
Funny guy!

·
4,114 Posts
Too bad that movie was awful and the worst of the franchise.

Reactions: ChuckScraperMiami#1

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
481 - 500 of 590 Posts