SkyscraperCity banner

Which would you choose for your city, Museum Plaza or Signature Tower?

• Museum Plaza

Votes: 20 30.3%
  • Signature Tower

Votes: 46 69.7%
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you could choose either Louisville's Museum Plaza or Nashville's Signature Tower for your city, which would it be. I didn't put a "none of the above" because even if you don't like either, I am sure you could say which one you would prefer if you had to select.

·
Skyscraper Guru
835 Posts
Signature Tower for sure!

The Museum Plaza belongs in Asia or the Middle East around Dubai. It does not fit in with anything in America. I can't see any city here with that thing in it. As I have said before, Dubai is the city where all the Skyscraper rejects go. They all fit in together their.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
BOOMIN
468 Posts
IF YOU LOOK AT THE MUSEUM PLAZA'S WEBSITE... THOUGH NOT AS TRADITIONAL AS SIGNATURE OR "AMERICAN" TO ME M-P IS JUST MORE IMPRESSIVE.... & NO ITS NOT JUST BECAUSE I AM FROM LOUISVILLE B/C IM NOT THAT KIND OF PETTY PERSON TRYIN TO UP MY CITY

·
Banned
1,096 Posts
I like the concept of Museum Plaza, I just wish it wasnt so damn boxy. On their website there is a feedback section where it asks your opinion about the design so I suggested they build something more like the model in this picture from the courier-journal website.

·
Banned
293 Posts
This thread should not have been created. I bet it gets ugly. Anyways, I live in Louisville but I choose Sig Tower. It is just taller and more graceful.

That said, I think Museum Plaza is a better fit for Louisville. You would just have to know the city and its architecture to see why (you'd have to live there bc you cannot judge it from a couple visits). Also, I think the fact that MP includes hotel, office, condos, lofts, art museum, public sky plaza, student apartments, retail, farmers market, UofL Masters of Fine arts, and restuarants is more impressive than what sig tower is doing.

Still, I think both towers fit in their respective cities. Sig Tower would look too "sunbelt" or "Atlanta like" for Louisville. Likewise, Museum Plaza would look silly in a city like Nashville that doesn't have "kooky" buildings like the Humana or Kaden.

·
abdulsharifshoots.com
1,701 Posts
i don't care which one is better. but in terms of 'public friendly'...you have to go with MP...i don't know about you, but i know my chances of ending up on the 22nd floor of Signature are ZERO. but MP's 22nd floor will be open to the public and accessible from main street. 22 floors might now sound like a lot, but thats one hell of a view. people may think signature looks better from the outside, but how many will actually get to go in it?

p.s. i've never came close to getting inside the aegon tower.

·
I'm Panamerupean!!!!!!!
1,432 Posts
Signature Tower...

Even though I wish that they wouldn't construct it over there I really think it is more interesting than a museum...

·
Capital City
202 Posts
I voted for the Signature based on looks alone - however many have made excellent points about the useability of Museum Plaza - if I could change my vote I probably would, I'd much rather have a building that the whole city could use, rather than just one residents enjoyed.

·
abdulsharifshoots.com
1,701 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
scraperboy said:
This thread should not have been created. I bet it gets ugly. Anyways, I live in Louisville but I choose Sig Tower. It is just taller and more graceful.

That said, I think Museum Plaza is a better fit for Louisville. You would just have to know the city and its architecture to see why (you'd have to live there bc you cannot judge it from a couple visits). Also, I think the fact that MP includes hotel, office, condos, lofts, art museum, public sky plaza, student apartments, retail, farmers market, UofL Masters of Fine arts, and restuarants is more impressive than what sig tower is doing.

Still, I think both towers fit in their respective cities. Sig Tower would look too "sunbelt" or "Atlanta like" for Louisville. Likewise, Museum Plaza would look silly in a city like Nashville that doesn't have "kooky" buildings like the Humana or Kaden.
It doesn't have to get ugly. I am seeing some very good points of view I hadn't thought of coming out.

Soulbrotha seems like a guy with his head screwed on straight. While I think my twin sons could have designed a better building out of legos, I agree with some of his points.

Overall ,each building is designed to serve a different purpose so I am sure each one will be a tie as far as how useful they are to said purpose.

Signature Tower not only fulfills its use, but it looks striking and I wish Atlanta had it but with even a couple hundred more feet added to it.

So considering a tie in usefullness to purpose and Signature looking amazingly better, I still have to give the nod to Signature tower.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
No offense to anyone in Louisville, but, I really do not like Museum Plaza, at all. It looks very 1970's and from a distance brings back horrid memories of 9/11, which I think we all want to put safely away in memories that have already been memorialized.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts