SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. With the onset of the Canadian winter right on the horizon, I was wondering whether there are any particular songs/artists/albums/genres that you think compliments the weather.

Right now, I have too many songs on my iPod that I realized remind me of the summer. I think I would get depressed listening to them during the winter so I'm open to a massive overhaul of my playlists. The songs could be festive/christmasy in nature but certainly not limited to that genre exclusively.

With that said, here are a few songs in my library right now that I think work well with winter for one reason or another:

·
Terminator
8,920 Posts
This song always makes me feel like it is cold and wintry outdoors. Andre Gagnon wrote it while walking up Mount Royal in the winter:

beautiful song indeed,Thanks TB.Its reminding me of long love lost.

·
2,592 Posts
Ok, considering the title of the song, this choice might seem a little too obvious but I just adore that artist and for as long as I can remember, I've always associated this song with the first snow...Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
A pleasure! But don't pine too long for lost love.. love is like a bottle of Champagne. When it is empty we do not try to fill it up again; we get a new one! :yes:
Dude.... THAT WAS DEEP! :| Never knew you had that "emotional deepness" in you. XP

·
Less is More
3,044 Posts
Put you in that holiday mood ;)

This one actually makes me sad at time but its slightly cold and dark and above all beautiful.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
I posted this video last year at Christmas. The Huron Carol is one of the only Canadian originated Christmas Carols. This version is sung in Huron, French, and English.

·
Registered
13,365 Posts
Every winter I find a few songs that act as a sort of soundtrack for that season, and when I hear them I am reminded of that year. I think Silver Swans - Secrets will be one of them, since it has been stuck in my head all morning and we just got our first snow.

Others include Black Tie Dynasty - Crime Scene (2007/08); Foals - Electric Bloom (2008/09) and The Papertiger Sound - Sing it All Away (2009/10).

·
Terminator
8,920 Posts
A pleasure! But don't pine too long for lost love.. love is like a bottle of Champagne. When it is empty we do not try to fill it up again; we get a new one! :yes:
Already bought three new bottle of Champagne but nothing taste the same, for some reasons that old bottle still can not replace in my mind.Must be vintage.:)

·
Terminator
8,920 Posts
This is the song says it all why I missed my first Champagne bottle.:cry:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts