Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
dreams of Babylon rising
13,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
seems to be completed.

محطة المسيب الغازية :

بجهود كبيرة ومتابعة حثيثة تم خلال هذا العام تشغيل 8 وحدات من وحدات المحطة الغازية مع تشغيل مصفى النفط الخاص بالمحطة بطاقة إنتاجية تسد الحاجة وتأمين كمية من الصادرات إلى المحطات الأخرى على أمل أن يتم تشغيل وحدتين اخرتين خلال هذا العام.

·
dreams of Babylon rising
13,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
musayib borderline area between "triangle of death" and karbala.

·
dreams of Babylon rising
13,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1000MW (i guess they're the GE Frame 9E type 125MW units)

·
dreams of Babylon rising
13,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes. this is a GAS TURBINE project, doesn't need much water. the old type (like the yusufia thermal plant etc.. are oil burning steam turbines, that boil water for their "steam" turbine. Its that older type which can't work without water supply.

·
Dreams of Babylon Rising
8,848 Posts
1000MW (i guess they're the GE Frame 9E type 125MW units)
:eek2: This is massive !!! When is it suppose to go online !

That's a major boost to the national grid.. why haven't I read about this before :dunno:

I'm still waiting on the power plant near the Ahdab field (the one contracted to a Chinese company).. that is suppose to be over 1300 MW from memory.. and they said at the time few units will go online in 2010.. but haven't heard much about it since.. Do you know anything about the current status of this one ? I think we should have a thread for it.

·
dreams of Babylon rising
13,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i believe all the new power stations will be rady by 2012-2013. but Shell hasn't got the GAS ready for them! gas deal not signed yet,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts