Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

^^ Amazing Weather :)

^^ Foul Weather at Gatwick Airport on the way to Marmaris :lol: 3 hours later its proper sunshine in Turkey :cheers:

^^ view from our hotel balcony, beach was a few minute walk :cheers:

·
Banned
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

The scenery in Marmaris is simply amazing, these pictures do no justice.
Turks are very friendly people and i was very impressed with the service and
the insfrastructure, which was excellent

·
Registered
7,598 Posts
lol at foul weather.

Which airline did you travel with, GS ?

What was your first impression once you arrived in Turkey, is it more better/developed than expected, how about the food there are they cheap ?

·
Banned
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi SkyPrince, i was very impressed with Turkey, it was my 1st visit there and i loved it. Marmaris is very Touristy, but finding authentic Turkish food is not impossible, and this is what me and my friend did. The insfrastructure of marmaris is better than UK and every thing (apart from petrol/gasoline) is reasonably priced. I would love to vist Antalaya and Istanbul next, heard many good things from other tourist we met who been there. Unfortunately i hit the maximum limit on my flickr :bash: so have not been able to upload all the pictures. Nightlife in Marmaris is very vibrant. Many tourist from Russia, Holland and UK, did not see any Germans which i expected

we travelled with monarch airlines and its as foul as the british weather, 40 minute delay on the way there and 1.5 hour delay on the way back, when families and children were sleeping on the dalaman airport floor :mad: rubbish airline

·
Registered
7,598 Posts
You really raised my appetite for Turkey :cheers: I also heard many excellent stories about Turkey from my friends and will seriously think about visiting there....... it's very pricey to travel there from here as you know am a budget traveller and will always choose budget carrier to fly.

I heard that fuel there is the priciest in the world, is it ?

No single pic of yours, GS ? Not even a back pose ? :lol:

Could most locals speak English ?

·
Awesome User
3,290 Posts
Very nice pics, I'm glad that you enjoyed your trip.:cheers: If you plan to visit Turkey again, next time I advice you to take famous Blue Voyage which starts from Didyma and ends in Antalya. In this way you can enjoy whole Turkish Riviera... which includes also the infamous nightlife of Bodrum:yes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts