SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most people will often only see Adelaide through the images posted on these boards. They see that Adelaide isn't a city of high buildings with hugh density. It has a concervative council and a bloody airport that gives them an excuse NOT to build anything most of us would deem as 'exciting'. BUT it is my city, and one I am very proud to show off. I thought I'd share with you all the city I know and love.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Nice photos. Who cares about tall buildings when you have the style and density of Adelaide.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was in the city for work AGAIN, today. And took these images. Enjoy

With these images I wanted to show off Adelaide's great low-rise density, and height.

·
Registered
195 Posts
great shots of Adelaide.
pardon my ignorance but does Adelaide have a very low height restriction ?
its height restriction used to be 103m max cos the airport kept throwing tantrums about airspace but recently the height restriction was abolished so in the next decade Adelaide may get a few more 100m+ buildings up in the sky

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What annoys me is that we have a big city centre... and no height? Really weird. Some buildings over 150+ would be very cool at this point...

·
Registered
523 Posts
its height restriction used to be 103m max cos the airport kept throwing tantrums about airspace but recently the height restriction was abolished so in the next decade Adelaide may get a few more 100m+ buildings up in the sky
Uh, the height restriction of 103m is still in place.

·
Where am I?
487 Posts
Um the council proposed restriction of 103m is still in place but due to the state govt. taking over planning control, these restrictions are basically null and void.

Or so that is what I am led to believe.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey guys. ME AGAIN! Was out in the city and what pleasant day Adelaide put on for it's inward bound. I was initially over at Nth Terrance, and can IJ just say, WHAT AN AMAZING place that strip is. I then ventured down to and around Rundle Mall/Hindmarsh Square. I just had to take a few more snaps and share it with you. Let me know what you think.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts