Votes: 1 2.2%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
From the other thread before I made this one...

I'm not much of a photo person but I thought I'd have a go since no one else seemed to be. None of the pictures are my own though so if anyone is opposed to my using them justlet me know and i'll change it. :) If I haven't asked people already, consider this post a request for permission to use the otherwise copyrighted images. The Sydney pic is by Aussie Bhoy that he posted for us all in an SSC photography thread. The flag is from an image by monkeyc.net on Flickr and the picture of Uluru is by bashasselaar and also from Flickr. The sky image is from the public domain on the web.

I was really doing this out of my own interest and wasn't going to post it but then I thought it didn't turn out quite as half-arsed as I was expecting.

Is it skyscrapery enough for this forum?? Anything I should change to make it better or more suitable?

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My only niggle is the black bit next to the flag... What's going on there?
It's part of the flag. You are talking about the black part hanging over the buildings right? I suppose I could fade it a little bit or remove it completely? I didn't really notice it that much till you pointed it out. ;) Prehaps I could remove it and post comparisons to see which one looks better? Thanks for the feedback everyone, didn't there would be any comments left this time of night!

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I suspected someone would say it was too Sydney-centric. I'm not from Sydney anyway so I'm not biased toward it.

When I first set out to do it was going to combine skylines from different Aussie cities but it looked silly, overcrowded and so clearly photoshop'ed that I decided to simplify things. In any case the opera house would be instantly recognisable to just about anyone on SSC and Sydney Cove was the site where on Jan 26, the colony of NSW was founded.

·
Registered
79,656 Posts
brilliant 10/10.best one yet by far.
sydney rules.lol

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Aussie Steve notably accrediting his post count in all the banner threads ;)

Trust me though I wanted to do a multi-city theme! I tried and it looked disasterous. I don't have the photoshop skills or the broad enough selection of material to source from to make it look any good. If someone else can they should by all means knock one together!

In the end I decided that Sydney was probably the most appropriate place, but seeing as I'm not from Sydney I can understand other people around the country not wanting to see a banner for "Sydney Day". I tried to choose a suitable picture that placed enough emphasis on Sydney Cove as the location of Australia's founding settlement. I didn't want a picture that really just glorified the skyline. We can use any banner on any other day for that.

Hopefully it came across they way I meant it to and "highlights our natural, cutural and built heritage" appropriately. I mean I put in the rock, the flag and the house so I thought that as good enough. But in the end I'm not an artist so all I can really do is make something I like and hope other people like it too :) Thanks for the comments though guys and I like seeing what other people have come up with as well!

·
QUEENSLANDER!!!
2,587 Posts
i like this one the best.

i would like to see a shot of aussies at a sporting event wearing green and gold waving aussie and boxing jack flags! random ppl like at the world cup in the stands. no rips offs like the fanatics or anything. screw everything else. just a shot of ppl being proud of this country.

·
Lacking an Akubra!
4,546 Posts
This one is awesome, it brings together Australia's most recognisable icons, nice font, and it seems to go hand and hand.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.