Cleveland School Board Building and Lincoln statue^^^^

Cleveland City Hall in the background^^^^

Rear of Cleveland City Schoolboard Building^^^^

Cleveland City Hall^^^^

Brown's Stadium^^^

·
Registered
7 Posts
I drove 9 hours from Milwaukee to visit Cleveland a few months ago and was amazed at how beautiful the downtown was. My family and I were very impressed. The best food we ate there was on 4th St. off of Euclid at a place called Lola------awesome hamburger! The Arcade was amazing inside! It was a restored 19th century walking mall and I could believe how intricate the internal architecture was. I would mind going back and spending more time in Cleveland!

·
Registered
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Cleveland is so beautiful! As I wonder about Pittsburgh, Buffalo and Detroit: why people keep leaving this city?

Chadoh, die Fotos sind ausgezeichnet! :)
Vielen Danke! And no, I would not say Cleveland is a "beautiful" city. It has some nice parts and lots of beautiful old buildings, but these photos do not represent the city has a whole. Once you get past East 48th, its gets pretty bad very fast. The westside is a little better but it's got more than it's fair share of rough areas. I didn't mind living in downtown for a year and half, but I prefer Lakewood, which is where I lived for about a year. I also spent a summer in Parma. I could say why people are leaving Cleveland, Buffalo, and Detroit, but it would cause a fight for sure.

Lets put it this way, if I had the option of living here or in Cleveland, I would pick here!

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
It's alright, I lived there for about three years so I guess I'm just use to it. I'm glad you liked the photos though!
True that, though I can understand that Columbus is a nicer city, though.

But when you visit nearby Buffalo and Detroit as much as I do (and Pittsburgh a couple of times), you can understand why I think Cleveland is a nice city, at least downtown, Little Italy, and a few other areas of the city.

·
Registered
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
True that, though I can understand that Columbus is a nicer city, though.

But when you visit nearby Buffalo and Detroit as much as I do (and Pittsburgh a couple of times), you can understand why I think Cleveland is a nice city, at least downtown, Little Italy, and a few other areas of the city.
Oh no, I complete agree with you. Cleveland isn't ALL bad. I mean I enjoyed Little Italy when I lived there, as well as the Museums and Theaters. But over all, I found Cleveland to be run down, dirty, and a bit smelly, especially if you are driving down I-77 or I-71 near Steelyard Commons. I had even considered buying a condo in Shaker Heights. But in the end, I moved back to Columbus and I'm glad I did. I'll gp back to visit I think, but never to live.

·
Registered
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)

These two building have looked like this for atleast a year now! ^^^^

Looking North and East 9th Street.

Intersection of East 9th Street and Euclid Avenue.

East 9th Street again.

Back to Euclid

Inside the Colonial Arcade.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts