Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
SoCal Hal
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went upstairs yesterday prior to the beginning of the game and throughout to snap pics of San Diego from Petco Park. The Padres did beat the Brewers 3-0 in case anybody wondered. It was really nice day out as well. Some shots weren't as good as others. But overall, you get the picture of what's starting to take shape and what's already established.

·
SoCal Hal
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great pictures. It looks like Petco Park is in a true ubran setting, like the ballparks of old.

You should've taken more pictures of the stadium. I've heard that this is maybe the best stadium in Major League Baseball.
It's a beautiful ballpark in a great area now. But the stadium itself is horrible on seating and some of the views are not very good. Overall it's worth visiting as a baseball fan a few times a year. But I wouldn't buy season tickets. I'd rather drive to Anaheim for that. I'll be attending more games here soon and I'll take more pictures of the stadium itself and post them on here.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I can't wait how the surrounding area will look with Cosmopolitan (450ft) and the new 7th and Market project (460ft) go up. :)

·
SoCal Hal
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's almost as nice as Safeco Field. :cool:
Yeah, I love going to Safeco. It's a weird location, however, with it being down so far away from everything else(the city). Are there any plans to start adding to that area down there by Safeco and Qwest like San Diego? If you've never seen the area where Petco was built prior to it, you'd be amazed at the transformation.

·
SoCal Hal
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^
Yeah there's plans for a big development in the parking lot just to the north of Quest Field.

There wasn't any room anywhere else closer to downtown, so we had no choice but to put it where it is. Personally I don't think it's that far from downtown at all.
Definitely wasn't saying that it was far. It just looks like a shady area. I know it's not. I've walked all around that area as recent as last fall. But it would look dramatically improved with a surrounded nightlife and more density.

·
Pipe Layer
778 Posts

Anyone know what they're doing with the brick building on the outer edge of the Park @ the Park? ^^Looks like it's being rehabbed.

·
SoCal Hal
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Anyone know what they're doing with the brick building on the outer edge of the Park @ the Park? ^^Looks like it's being rehabbed.
I'm sure someone knows. But I sure don't. I just moved back about 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
41 Posts
PTOWN NEED

I went upstairs yesterday prior to the beginning of the game and throughout to snap pics of San Diego from Petco Park. The Padres did beat the Brewers 3-0 in case anybody wondered. It was really nice day out as well. Some shots weren't as good as others. But overall, you get the picture of what's starting to take shape and what's already established.

this is the kind of field we need in PORTLAND NOW!PORTLAND NEEDS THIS KINDA FEILD HANDS DOWN IN PEARL OR SOUTH DOWN WILLAMET MAYBE ROSS ISLAND HEY ITS POSSIBLE WITH A MAX CONNECTION OR STREET CAR THAT GOES TO LLOYDCENTER AND SOUTHWATER FRONT ALSO THEY COULD BUILD SOME BIG POINT TOWERS AND A SHIT TON OF SOME RETAIL AND FRYS ELECTRONICS SOME WERE PLZ!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts