SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
30,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some leftover pictures and observations of the city.

01. If I am correct this is the Iset Tower? If so, it seems to be halfway up, although the construction appears topped out. Construction seems to have halted. Feel free to correct me here if I am wrong.

02. Sverlovsk province building. Has anyone stats on this one, such as height, completion year, etc?

03. Mixing styles is one thing, but mixing styles in order to look like something it is not usually results in not so great design.

04. I was told this was one of the first towers in Europe (probably Ekaterinburg). Anyone has any pointers of info on it? Would be cool to know if this was indeed something which was built in the 1930's. I like this one a lot. And yes, I should have cleaned the sensor before I went out...

05. Where I am from the time that the main square was basically a parking lot is far behind us. I would toss all cars out if I was the mayor.

06. Another not so great example of mixing two styles of architecture. Reflecting glass is seldom a good mixing material.

07. Classic vs. Abstract version of the same facade. Kinda interesting. :)

08. I didn't see many drunk while there, but some people do drink it seems.

09. Is this one halted?

10. Stairway to....?

11. Construction pit next to the Hyatt. Some people were walking around, not sure what the status of this project is though.

12. Size matters. Interesting how the mass of the building has been split up in vertical elements.

13. Elevator shaft of Antey-3

14. Ekaburg XL.

15. Unfinished TV tower. I would either finish the thing or take it down. This looks a bit silly, really.

16. Base of that same tower.

17. Serving the construction crew's basic needs.

18. Looking down

19. A look inside the building block. Quite some space going on inside them.

20. Antey-1 and Opera

21. Antey-4?

22. The conference was in the Hyatt Hotel. It's new and trendy make it one of the finest hotels I have stayed in, although I think I already have bitched mightely about the costs of internet, being 24 rubles per minute. (Did you catch that, Google Spider Bot :) ). Anyway, here's the roof top spa.

23. Yes, that is my right foot. :cool:

24. King of Ekburg.

25. Russian breakfast.

·
Registered
16,080 Posts
01. If I am correct this is the Iset Tower? If so, it seems to be halfway up, although the construction appears topped out. Construction seems to have halted. Feel free to correct me here if I am wrong.
No, this is "Demidov Tower" 33 fl. 124m.
It was frozen for 1.5 years, but in late September, construction was resumed
Thread at SkyscraperCity (in Russian) : http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=431566

11. Construction pit next to the Hyatt. Some people were walking around, not sure what the status of this project is though.
This is Iset Tower site :) 50 fl. 215m.
It was frozen for 1.5 years too, but in early August, construction was resumed. Now they are doing the foundation works.
Threads at SkyscraperCity (in Russian) :
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=526298
(in English) :
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=580751

·
Registered
16,080 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
03. Mixing styles is one thing, but mixing styles in order to look like something it is not usually results in not so great design.
This is the regional Legislative Assembly building. I guess they were going for a modernised (hence the glass) Reichstag look.

·
Registered
16,080 Posts
They wanted to mix "Sverlovsk province building" and the "Hyatt" in the one building. ;)

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Here are some leftover pictures and observations of the city.

01. If I am correct this is the Iset Tower?
AlMax sad. And I Sad at the meeting - the developer of Eka-City purchase this building in other developer to complete all High-Complex but stop the works because of Crisis.

02. Sverdlovsk province building. Has anyone stats on this one, such as height, completion year, etc?
I sad early: developing dates 1975-1979. 24fl. Height is gov. secret. Probably 94-96m. In the 'soviet' time it was a highest Communist-party building in the World (it was regional Head-Guard), now it's a Regional Goverment building called like 'White House' (vs City-Hall like a 'Gray House') or 'Tooth of wise'.

It was built at 2009 in style like ^^ (Regional Goverment)

04. I was told this was one of the first towers in Europe (probably Ekaterinburg). Anyone has any pointers of info on it? Would be cool to know if this was indeed something which was built in the 1930's. I like this one a lot. And yes, I should have cleaned the sensor before I went out...
It was built 1933 to 1936. Called 'KGB-House'

12fl +1. More 40 meters height (pr. 43-45). 2 elevators. All population of them was arrested in one night in 1938 in Stalin's time of repressions.

05. Where I am from the time that the main square was basically a parking lot is far behind us. I would toss all cars out if I was the mayor.
No understanable politics in parking in our town.

10. Stairway to....?
To ice in winter :)

ISET Tower under construction

·
Administrator
30,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm just making sure I have my facts straight for the report. :)

·
★★★★★
6,088 Posts
такого вида на делюкс ещё не было
Ты хоть оборачивай чужие фотки в цитату.
А то Ян за такие дела быстро забанит :D

·
тестовое задание
ЕЖК-теринбург Провансаль 67%
13,122 Posts
Вопрос 12 что означает?
Size matters. Interesting how the mass of the building has been split up in vertical elements.

Размер имеет значение. Интересно, как объем здания был распределен вертикальными элементами.

·
Цифрово&
Городские проекты
16,171 Posts
думаю вертикальные элементы - перегородки

·
тестовое задание
ЕЖК-теринбург Провансаль 67%
13,122 Posts
Имхо Ян имел в виду, что здание, несмотря на свой внушителньый размер, не смотрется громоздко из-за активного использования вертикальных элементов.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Так если на дома АСК посмотреть, они почти все такие, с активным использованием вертикальных элементов... Тот же ФР...

·
Registered
944 Posts
15. Unfinished TV tower. I would either finish the thing or take it down. This looks a bit silly, really.
Before the global recession hit, a Moscow-based company won a tender to finish the construction. If I remember correctly, it was supposed to serve a dual purpose: still serve as the original TV tower (I think that was one of the conditions for transfering the property into private hands) and as a restaurant/office building/whatever else the new owners wanted to build around and inside the tower. Obviously, after 2008 the huge investment couldn't be materialized. The current status is unknown, though someone is keeping an eye on the site's security, so the hope is that it's only temporarily abandoned.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts