SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm not putting lot of effort into my photos, and my compact camera is 99% of the time on auto. So if the quality isn't always the best, I still hope you will enjoy these photos from some of the streets I love the most in Oslo. :)

Today I will start with parts of Skovveien/Camilla Collets vei. The part is located in the borough Frogner and is marked with a blue line in this map. I will show you more of Frogner in later posts.

That's it for today! :)

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
fascinating architecture - i had no idea there were places in oslo that looked like this!! :)

the road by the tramtracks seem to could use a facelift, though!!

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fascinating architecture - i had no idea there were places in oslo that looked like this!! :)
Not only places, THIS IS Oslo (have you ever been to Oslo???). Most of Oslo inner city looks like this (50% - 70%), usually not so much ornaments though :)

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Very nice pictures! My mother actually had an apartment there for approx. 30 years ago..

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
Not only places, THIS IS Oslo (have you ever been to Oslo???). Most of Oslo inner city looks like this (50% - 70%), usually not so much ornaments though :)
if all of oslo looked like that it wouldnt be regarded as the ugliest capital in scandinavia :lol: without the ornaments whats left are just normal buildings, really.

and yes, i have been to oslo. last time was two weeks ago, actually. ;)

·
Born to run
1,683 Posts
if all of oslo looked like that it wouldnt be regarded as the ugliest capital in scandinavia :lol: without the ornaments whats left are just normal buildings, really.
Those who say that have usually just taken a stroll up Karl Johan and Aker Brygge. Especially Frogner have tonnes of buildings like this.

Nice photos! I really enjoy walking around this part of town:) I think it has a continental feel to it, atleast some places.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And old postcard from Skovveien

My photo. I really like the two small french balconies here :)

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Who ever made the idea of putting asphalt on top of cobblestones?:eek:hno:
It does not look good, but the area seems to be mainly residential, so it has probably been done in order to reduce the noice from the cars. But they could at least have done it proberly.

@ Muster

Great pictures :)

·
2,819 Posts
Nice to see some of the usual Scandinavian architecture - when I think Oslo, I always think of the two highrises in downtown and the mountains in the back.

Great photos :)

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
I agree 100 %, i have often recommended this street for visitors as it's the nicest upperclass residential street in town :) And they are sometimes surpriced as you, City of rain. Some unfairly consider Oslo ugly because of what they see from the expressways or railroads passing trough aswell as downtown.

·
student
721 Posts
I guess he`s talking about the small hills that you could see around the city. The ones we would refer to as "kollen" or "åsen". But as most of them are higher then the highest point in the Netherlands I understand his phraseology.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts