SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took these pics at the rare time that I can go to St. Petersburg from my current residence of Seminole which is about 10km to the NW. I took it on a parking garage in the rooftop (7th floor)

Waterfront Vinoy condos, you can see Tampa (vaguely) from here. EDIT: Thats an art museum on the lower right and Vinoy Park along the waterfront.

The Pier and Tampa Bay...Hillsborough county can be seen on the other side of the bay.

The marina and Alfed Whitted Airport.

Tropicana Stadium and some downtown buildings.

Beach Drive.

Bay Walk, the spot where all the teens hang out.

Bank Of America Towers, the tallest building in St. Petersburg.

A downtown St. Pete street (typical U.S. city with not a lot of pedestrians :lol: )

The crossing light....sorry I had to take the pic just because we have a countdown. The city only built it because the Tampa-St. Petersburg area is one of the worst cities for pedestrians.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to put these.
:weirdo:

·
User
719 Posts
Nice pics & city. City looks very charming with colourful buildings and ocean.
But CBD(?) looks a little bit... empty.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@sander- I was there at 3PM by then all the people would have been in their workplace and no events were happening since it was on a Wednesday; and it is the U.S. which is car centered.

What does CBD mean?

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
Lol, Renkinjutsushi! :laugh:

My reaction was the same as that of Vertigo, erki89 & Mantaz before me: I was expecting pix of the REAL, original St. Petersburg! Somehow the one in Florida doesn't register on my radar, or just barely in the background. ;)

Nonetheless, thanks for showing us the city where you used to live ... it seems quite pleasant! :eek:kay:

And of course my next question is: what's Seminole like?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
^I have only heard of two large cities called St. Petersburg, one in Russia and one in Florida, USA, but there might be some smaller ones as well.....

Anyway, thanks for the photos, Renkinjutsushi! It's the first time I see pictures of that city.

·
always on
4,815 Posts
nice pics, you brought back memories of 2002 when i was staying quite nearby in Clearwater ;) Fabulous place!

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
Wow! At the first two pictures I thought - some commieblock disctricts in St Petersburg (Russia) have been developed in a quite pleasant way! And then I saw palm-trees...
Fine, laid-back feel in the pictures. Would like to be there now and rest from the weary everyday life...

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ehh sorry about that hehe, I forgot to specify since I was creating this thread in haste before the Internet Cafe that wolkenkrabber was in closed for the night.

@WH- Eh not much, very sprawl-ish. But thank the gods that there are high rise condos in the beach area, that is if I ever go to the beach. :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
Man what a beautiful city! Even the bridge is lit up and beautious! Where are you? I don't recognize the city. The channel marker is throwing me off a bit. :)
I know our St. Pete and Tampa are still sapplings in the big picture but it's home to me and I'm proud of it. We were asleep for years and alluva sudden our cities have started coming to life. I have high hopes for what Tampa and St.Pete will be like in 5-10yrs! :banana: :cheer: :banana:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts