SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
BAND AID
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the pleasure of visiting Hong Kong early last month. I only stayed for 3 days while on my way to Melbourne, I've not long got back to the UK so I've only just started uploading my photo's....all 200 of them. I'll not post them all at once but a few every day. I tried not to take too many pics of the usual views, so the ones from the Peak and the usual skyline shots I won't post up cause you've all seen them a million times, here are the first few pics in no particular order.....

·
The Local Chip
381 Posts
agreed, the perspective is completely different from ground level within the city!

·
EOS 40D
2,108 Posts
2nd and 3rd pics truly show how massive the HK skyline actually is.

·
BAND AID
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
vincent said:
tell us what you think about hk
It's hard to put into words really, because I was only there for three days it all seems a bit of a blur. There's simply too much to see in HK in such a limited space of time, so next time I visit I'll probably look at staying for a few more days. I'm lucky enough to have a friend living in Mongkok so I had my own personal tour guide, and she spent two days showing me round. The last day I spent on my own and that was when the majority of my photo's were taken.
I was massively impressed by how easy (and cheap) public transport was to use, the shopping was incredible and of course the architecture was breathtaking. Standing next to 2IFC and the BOC building was an awesome experience and so of course was the view from the Peak. There's loads more I could say and believe me I have to my friends and family back here in the UK. I'll be posting my pictures up on the UK forum soon so I'll post a link to it on here so that you can guage their reaction as well.

·
523 Posts
Very nice photos. It's always interesting to see photos taken by tourists with their perspective. Most of us who live here will normally take it for granted and miss the interesting part of the city.

·
EOS 40D
2,108 Posts
I've just had a revelation. One amazing thing about Hong Kong is that you really CANNOT take a bad picture in this city. Every skyline view and street scene is so full of...things. Traffic, life, architecture...or some interesting object or phenomenon.

Fabulous pictures. Can't wait for the next batch.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts