SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
BAND
3,239 Posts
There is a difference between Gothicform making a thread about a visit to Leeds and yourself doing one. Stop with the imitation threads for the sake of it. Jesus Christ!

·
*-City Of Bradford-*
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a difference between Gothicform making a thread about a visit to Leeds and yourself doing one. Stop with the imitation threads for the sake of it. Jesus Christ!
Yeh but if he can make one without any criticism why can't I make one? and without any criticism.

·
ßANNED
4,234 Posts
Sorry, but this thread is completely pointless.

·
*-City Of Bradford-*
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeh but if he can make one without any criticism why can't I make one? and without any criticism.
And to add to that Gothic made not one but two threads about his visit to Leeds and then ontop a mega photo thread on Leeds. I can't critised for making one single thread. Should have really been put in the Electric Press really but he didn't and got away with it.

·
ßANNED
4,234 Posts
This thread would be funny if it wasn't indicative of a deranged mind.

·
wiggledypiggleypuddinghed
13,066 Posts
gothicform's trip was specifically about taking photos of the tall buildings, and a couple of sentences on his impressions of Leeds. This is very different to your diary entry!

·
Advance Kingstonia!
6,542 Posts
It's not completely pointless. I agree with the bit about Burger King. I mean, what a fail for the KING of burgers to not have any..."wait for it"...burgers.

I also agree with the bits about Leeds being shit, obviously :)

·
*-City Of Bradford-*
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
gothicform's trip was specifically about taking photos of the tall buildings, and a couple of sentences on his impressions of Leeds. This is very different to your diary entry!
It's good to have variety:wallbash:

I don't understand- you got a Wakefield Westgate-Leeds train from Bradford? What?
It stops at Bradford.

·
BAND
3,239 Posts
Gothicform is one of the chief forumers behind this site, allowing for its existence and probably footing the bill to some extent. He also created skyscrapernews.com. Also when he visited he provided us with some nice photos and a massive Leeds panoramic. What you've done is given a meandering account about your journey to Leeds and back. There was nothing to stop you posting it in the Leeds Skybar or something like that. It doesn't need its own thread.

Anyway to address some points, Bradford Interchange is a far worse station than Leeds Central Station, and as for mistakes at cashtills, these things happen, I doubt you can have a go at the station for it.

As for the 'moshers' count it as another example of the stupidity of youth culture, I doubt they were racist. When I was about 14 or 15 I had enough of the 'sweathead mosher' comments made about me by the annoying and seemingly violent chavs of Stoke-on-Trent, not just staring. In retrospect Nu-Metal and the associated fashions were awful, but then it's true of all such social groupings, particularly chavs with the latest bassline & happy hardcore nonsense spouting from the loudspeaker on their phones driving everyone on the bus mad... but I digress.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
For god sake will somebody please give this man his own Bradford forum! Ha! Although I'm with Aviator, it does provide a much needed laugh. For one, how on earth can you compare Bradford Interchange to Leeds City Station? Yes, the little area of station where Burger Kings, Boots etc is, is still in dire need of modernisation, but the rest of the station is busy, bustling and generally impressive. Interchange is none of these things.

·
BAND
3,239 Posts
It's not completely pointless. I agree with the bit about Burger King. I mean, what a fail for the KING of burgers to not have any..."wait for it"...burgers.

I also agree with the bits about Leeds being shit, obviously :)
I don't think he said anything about it not having any burgers, more that it didn't have any sources. I'm still wondering what these should have been, primary, secondary or tertiary and why Burger King would need such references. I guess we'll never know.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts