SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was in Nashville last week to see VNV Nation (for the 4th time,) and then recover from finals. i would've gone to the meet saturday, but the weather forecast scared me and i just wanted to crash over in Knoxville. but i met Rural King for lunch friday, and he gave me a downtown tour, then i took some pics.

i stayed over on the West End, where the concert was, in Elliston Place

great show, although Ronan, the singer, got heatsick towards the end, so sadly there was no encore. but the best songs were on the main set, so it was o.k. great venue who didn't have a stick up their ass on cameras; wish i would've known cameras were cool, but i was stuck with the phone cam on the front row.

some more pics of Elliston Place

some assorted West End pics from my drive in

how hideous...

an SUV ruined the shot of the best part of this mural...

and now downtown, where i met Rural King

library parking deck

cool city murals inside the library

view from the entry

after Rural King had to go back to work, i went to see the Tennessee Military Museum at War Memorial Plaza (across the street from the Capitol, and the fabulous Snodgrass Tower...)

very good museum; i was especially impressed with the WWI section, which was a lot bigger than i expected

shot i thought the forum'd enjoy from a collage in the WWI section

across the street

beautiful plaza ;) more angry grasshoppers and dragonflies on it than people

West End pano

capitol

now to Broadway, the tourist trap part...this is the city of country music

then i went west because i saw some old spirey-buildings

parting shots

bonus pano

-

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Cool pics - thanks!

I especially like them b/c they remind me of a lot of my time in Nashville - such as these:

I saw plenty of shows here - my favorite being Guided By Voices

Of course Elder's book store has a great history section & next door is Rotier's home to one of my favorite burgers

Not sure if this is exactly where it used to be - but it looks familiar. Lucy's Record Store was where I visited nearly every week.

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the comments y'all.

-

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^ thanks. yeah, the "batman building" is pretty interesting. watching it go up and seeing progress every few months was pretty cool.

-

·
Registered
11,741 Posts

Cool pic.
hey, is that 800 ft. tall residential tower still going to be built? If so it will boost that skyline BIGTIME! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts