Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
metrocard millionaire
1,257 Posts
that's a nice fantasy map but i'm confused about some of the connection's alignments. It looks like some of your fantasy connections are based off of existing rail trackage (or past proposed alignments, like how you have the D running to co-op city).

Where's the SAS, and the proposed trunk running up boston rd?!?!?!!!! :)

There was a proposal to run the A elevated in Riverdale once, but I don't think it'd be that efficient because of all of the ped bridges on HH pkway.

some interesting Ideas though.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
I don't really know a whole lot about the MTA, but I do love fantasy maps.

However, is there a reason for connecting the A, 1, and 4 lines (the 6, 5, and D connecting as well)? Also, why does the 7 line do a zigzag into the Bronx? Is there really a need for some sort of non-stop service from Queens to Bronx?

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I notice you have some random g line on the top right. What's that for?

Also, wouldn't it be better if you had the D line go through Gun hill Rd on it's way to Coop city?
As for the N line, I think it's safe to say it's never going anywhere beyond Astoria Ditmars Blvd. A proposal to extend it to LG airport got shot down due to opposition.

I always thought it'd be a good idea to extend the wtc path segment into Downtown Brooklyn. A station on borough hall and then on atlantic and flatbush would be good. We need some serious alternatives to the MTA! Fast!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I notice you have some random g line on the top right. What's that for?

Also, wouldn't it be better if you had the D line go through Gun hill Rd on it's way to Coop city?
As for the N line, I think it's safe to say it's never going anywhere beyond Astoria Ditmars Blvd. A proposal to extend it to LG airport got shot down due to opposition.

I always thought it'd be a good idea to extend the wtc path segment into Downtown Brooklyn. A station on borough hall and then on atlantic and flatbush would be good. We need some serious alternatives to the MTA! Fast!
The D line Was Susspose to run to coop city beacuse Norwood Pepole wanted to get to coop city beacuse Bx12 Was shut down From coop city.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't really know a whole lot about the MTA, but I do love fantasy maps.

However, is there a reason for connecting the A, 1, and 4 lines (the 6, 5, and D connecting as well)? Also, why does the 7 line do a zigzag into the Bronx? Is there really a need for some sort of non-stop service from Queens to Bronx?
The reason why The 4 1 and A trains because Woodlawn Needed 1 more stop.The A runs to Path And METRONORTH.It runs to 242 St when the 1 stops at 231 st at late nights.It also runs to 242 st rush hours and weekdays.The 7 Is NOT zigzaging to the bronx.If i did it stright up it would mess up the stops.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts