SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last summer I've been to Paros&Santorini Islands for a week. Comparing two islands I liked more Paros since I don't like turist crowd in vacations. Here I share some shots I've taken from Santorini with my own camera. Enjoy them! ;)

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not at all friends. I definitely enjoyed my days in Greece. Planning to turn back. ;)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
wow great job cityzen!! Glad you enjoyed it. You are a very good photographer. I also went to Santorini for the first time last yearm I was blown away. Magical place. I also visited Paros, but it seemed to common for me, like all the others of the Clycladic style.... I mean awsome beaches, nice setting, friendly people, good food.... but common. ;) But if you do not like the crowds, then yes I understand it was more peaceful....

Where else did you visit when you were in Greece? Have you been anywhere else or just these two places?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for compliments Christos7. :wave: I've landed to Mikonos when I've arrived Greece. Later we've had a boat to arrive Paros. Actually in Paros I've stayed in an holiday village but also had a chance to have some excursions around. One day we've made it to Santorini, there were 3 parts: Oia, Thira and another that I cannot remind it's name. Oia was really cool. We've eaten the most delicious crepes with ice-cream there..:D
Next time I'm planning to visit Athens and once I am planning to go to Turkey by car so with ferry I can arrive Igoumenitsa and later take greek higways. :)

·
Banned
223 Posts
It's not hard tom make excellent pictures when you are in Greece! What else to say than: "Greece is the most beautiful country in Europe" :colgate:

I would like to visit some of those islands...but we'll see, it's expensive for us :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Beautiful photos indeed! Simply breathtaking scenery. I also was on holidays on the Greek Islands last year. I leave you with a few more photos (from Crete, Rhodes and Kos) taken by an amateur photgrapher...

Stray Pussy - Crete:

Hora Sfakia, Crete:

Grape Vine - Crete:

Sunset - Monolithos, Rhodes:

Old Town, Rhodes:

War Museum - Askifou, Crete:

Kos:

Samaria Gorge, Crete:

Lindos Beach, Rhodes:

Oh, how I miss it...

And again soon.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Nekka said:
I leave you with a few more photos (from Crete, Rhodes and Kos) taken by an amateur photgrapher...

I don't think so my friend!! These photos are GREAT, you have a keen eye and are very good. :eek:kay: You and Cityzen both are very talented....

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I have always wanted to go to Crete, so beautiful... It's like another world and has so many things in one. (so I hear...) I am assuming you like it. ;)

·
Ben senin baba yarinim
1,865 Posts
Perfectly protected. Santorini should feel itself lucky that they have been a Greek territory. I do not want to imagine a Turkish constructor company building a huge building here. :D

·
Made in Turkey
6,793 Posts
Tekir, Turkish islands are also well preserved and you can’t see any huge buildings in any island. Before making such comments I suggest you to have a journey to Bozcaada, Gokceada or any of the Marmara Islands and report me if you see any sort of huge building…

·
Registered
285 Posts
CityZen : Euge!!!! :cheers: :) I wait for more shots of you from other places , and paros

Nekka : Same to you!!!! Euge!!!! :cheers:

My brain is working crazy now, mixture of images,smells and sounds from summer
hollidays are all coming..!!!

·
Ben senin baba yarinim
1,865 Posts
Bozcaada has, you should look at the new sites being built. I saw them on the east coast of the island. They are like Koy hizmetleri Lojmanlari, LOL :D, hahahahahah. Man, you know Laz constructors. :D

·
Ben senin baba yarinim
1,865 Posts
When we enter EU, I will enter construction business and built some nice 7 storey big building on Santorini island for my wives and kids. Each storey will have 4 apartments. Name the building as Ayetollah Mehmet & Wives & kids Apartmani.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Have fun trying to get that done Tekir. :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts